Profiles

i have used the cactus profile to backup the ben harper cd with no problems but how (please excuse my lack of knowledge)
do i make my own profiles, i thought i could do it in notepad but i cant figure out how to save as .ccp

     regards drew

Originally posted by drewm
[B]i have used the cactus profile to backup the ben harper cd with no problems but how (please excuse my lack of knowledge)
do i make my own profiles, i thought i could do it in notepad but i cant figure out how to save as .ccp

     regards drew [/B]

Open a profile in any txt editor, make changes and click File/Save As or create one in any text ediotr, change the file type to all and add .ccp as the ending.

Alternatively, right click a blank area in the profile area and choose the approriate option for what you wish to do. Profiles are contect sensitive as well, just right click and choose edit

thanks for the info.after posting for help i did a bit of playing around & i thought i made a test profile correctly but now all the original profiles have changed to a notepad icon,so how do i get the original icon back.yes playing around has got me in trouble but i will never learn if don’t have a go.

Originally posted by drewm
thanks for the info.after posting for help i did a bit of playing around & i thought i made a test profile correctly but now all the original profiles have changed to a notepad icon,so how do i get the original icon back.yes playing around has got me in trouble but i will never learn if don’t have a go.
Its not a problem that your icon has changed. Your O/S has simply associated the .ccp files with notepad thats all. As long as they are still .ccp you will be fine.

Originally posted by Bulk
Its not a problem that your icon has changed. Your O/S has simply associated the .ccp files with notepad thats all. As long as they are still .ccp you will be fine.

thanks bulk,i am glad you cleared that up for me.

when you saved the profile you made you didn’t change the save as file type from notepad.txt to all files like futureproof said