Profiles still valid?

Just wondering if the Profiles listed at the eginning of this forum are still valid for CloneCd 4.3.1.7. I currently have a Lite-On 52246s burner and a Plextor Ultraplex reader. Also have a DVD-Reader jlms xj-hd166s and a Pioneer DVD Burner DVR-104. I just upgraded to the new version of CloneCD. Should I use these profiles or the protected game profile that comes with the software?

Also, does the program make 1:1 copies of Safedisc 2.9 or just emulation?

>Just wondering if the Profiles listed at the eginning of this forum
>are still valid for CloneCd 4.3.1.7.

Yep

>Should I use these profiles or the protected game profile that
>comes with the software?

Of course!

>Also, does the program make 1:1 copies of Safedisc 2.9 or just emulation?

You have a burner potentially capable of defeating SD v-2.90.040

In CloneCD there are three options for SafeDisc

Ignore weak sectors (best)
Amplify WS (workable)
Emulate WS (requires Hide CDR-Media running from the system tray)

The Weak Sector ‘thing’ is a feature common to the popular burning apps, just different names.

Plextors are great readers but I suggest reading and writing with the LITEON 52246s (or read with the DVD-ROM)

Check out the Guides & Tutorials Section for further guidance.

Originally posted by FutureProof

Amplify WS (workable)

FP,

If ‘Ignore weak sectors’ is the best option,
I wonder if the write preferences in the SafeDisc (2) profile should be changed
according to Weak Sectors = Ignore ?

I suppose “ignore” was mentioned as the best option as far as the Lite-On 52246s drive in cgcmgr’s case is concerned, and not in general.

Originally posted by Hemispasm

and not in general.
All right. But what if generalized ? I mean, cgcmgr’s drive ( as mine ) is the [no AWS] profile drive.

Thanks for all the help. It’s been a while since I’ve used CloneCD and need to be refreshed on a few things. Since my burner is a Lite-On 52246S should I uncheck the allow “Amplify Weak Sectors” box in my Drive’s settings? Also, which Safedisc profile should I use? Safedisc[2][No AWS]?

FutureProof. You mention:

In CloneCD there are three options for SafeDisc

Amplify WS (workable)

How do I go about choosing Ignore Weak Sectors? I only see the allow “Amplify Weak Sectors” box available.

I’m using CloneCd 4.3.1.7

Originally posted by cgcmgr

Also, which Safedisc profile should I use? Safedisc[2][No AWS]?

How do I go about choosing Ignore Weak Sectors? I only see the allow “Amplify Weak Sectors” box available.

Yes, Safedisc[2][No AWS]

Step #1 :

Step # 2 :

Sorry for answering your queries not being FP. :bow:
( It’s the dead of night in Canberra - almost 2 a.m., you know ) :smiley:

Originally posted by BoSkin
All right. But what if generalized ? I mean, cgcmgr’s drive ( as mine ) is the [no AWS] profile drive.
Yep, but there are many other drives out there still that have to use AWS, i suppose its ok the way it is now.
Since my burner is a Lite-On 52246S should I uncheck the allow “Amplify Weak Sectors” box in my Drive’s settings?
You can do that too, but you dont have to. Just select ignore weak sectors and you’re ok.
Also, which Safedisc profile should I use? Safedisc[2][No AWS]?
Yep
You should see a drop down menu where you can pick ignore weak sectors.

Edit:

Boskin beat me to it :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Hemispasm

Boskin beat me to it :stuck_out_tongue:
Shit happens, lol :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

does this mean that i can use safedisk 2.51+ (NO AWS) for safedisk 2.8 and 2.9 with my liteon 52x burner.
:bigsmile:

Thanks Guys,

I love this forum, not only are the people willing to answer, they go in depth to really help you out.

One last question. Will I be able to backup Medal of Honor Breakthrough using my recorder and CloneCd?

I think so, but the cocktail LiteOn + SD 2.9x is a hit or miss… you’ll have to try it and pray. Don’t forget to use a CD-RW (just in case)

Good luck!

ok
i will try.
anyways,did anyone tried this with a liteon burner?

Yep… tried it.
Only way to get a working copy of a sd2.9 disc is with the emulate weaksectors. I dunno if the hide media is needed, haven’t tested it yet.

All my drives, with different firmware, don’t manage to get me a working copy with the ignore weaksectors.

So it’s a real miss now. (at least with my drives and what are the chances to have some drives without one able to copy correctly? So is there really a Lite-On drive that can?)

Originally posted by Jay Sea
[B] I dunno if the hide media is needed, haven’t tested it yet.

So is there really a Lite-On drive that can?) [/B]

Yes and yes, but using CloneCD, Hide will always be required. The Elby/SlySoft image format doesn’t allow for negative LBA so the pregap has to be hidden using the Hide feature

Try Diskdump to read and Fireburner to Write…

I made copies of Several SD 2.9 Titles with no problem whatsoever. In my Liteon 48125W.

Titles copied that have SD 2.9 include

Will Rock german version
Call of Duty german version
Call of Duty UK version SD 3.1
Indianna Jones and the Emporers Tomb german version

Also safedisk 2.7 and 2.8 were no problem.

Prisoner of War 2.7
IGI2 2.8
Mafia 2.7
R6 Raven Shield 2.8
Splinter Cell 2.8

There are threads in this forum with links to the the software Diskdump and Fireburner,just do a search

Originally posted by kid185
Try Diskdump to read and Fireburner to Write…

This is an excellent and reliable method with capable hardware but you can also image with ccd with cue (generally quite a bit faster than ddump, at least the first time you do it) and burn with fireburner and achieve similar results.

Another very reliable method with capable hardware is to image with ccd and burn with alcohol. [Note that so long as FES is set to auto when reading with ccd, it is far less likely for “false” read errors to occur (i.e. read errors occurring on readable sectors) than when imaging with alcohol, particularly if copying a copy which, admittedly, it is only occasionally legal to do.]

@FutureProof:

is the hide media still needed when playing of another drive than a burner? Or is it that you can run a copy with a burner while using other stuff than clonecd?

I can confirm, the discdump and nero combination works in a burner when hiding media.

CloneCd emulate works in a burner when hiding media.
CloneCd ignore does NOT work at all.
Alcohol does NOT work at all.
Blindwrite only works with autoplay.

In regard to CloneCD, whichever version of SafeDisc checks the pregap, then Hide will be required - no matter the reader writer. The Tray feature can be running in “Silent” Mode (/s) which is default after installation. A check of the Current User or Machine Run keys will show whether it’s running or not