Profile Editor will not launch?

Hi Everyone,

Rather than using just the “Generic” profile I would like to setup a custom profile for the Cowon D2+ that incorporates the device’s screen resolution. As I understand it, this should be possible using DVDFab Profile Editor (correct me if I’m wrong), but I’m having trouble getting the program to launch.

DVDFab Profile Editor 1.0.0.1 Beta is in fact listed as an “installed program” seperately from DVDFab (even though the Editor program folder is located within the main DVDFab program folder) however when I try to launch the program, all get is the Windows error message: “DVDFab Profile Editor has stopped working”. (Stopped? It never started working!:confused:) When I installed Profile Editor I just click-through using the offered “defualt” installation location.

Any help would be really appreciated!

I don’t know what version of DVDFab you are using but after I upgraded to the most recent version (6.x.x.x) I was no longer able to use profile editor 1.0.0.1 - however the most recent beta version of profile editor did work. Might be because the Fab files are in a different directory starting with version 6 but I’m guessing there.

[QUOTE=Organdude;2287321]Hi Everyone,

Rather than using just the “Generic” profile I would like to setup a custom profile for the Cowon D2+ that incorporates the device’s screen resolution. As I understand it, this should be possible using DVDFab Profile Editor (correct me if I’m wrong), [B][U]but I’m having trouble getting the program to launch[/U][/B].

[B]DVDFab Profile Editor 1.0.0.1 Beta[/B] is in fact listed as an “installed program” seperately from DVDFab (even though the Editor program folder is located within the main DVDFab program folder) however when I try to launch the program, all get is the Windows error message: “DVDFab Profile Editor has stopped working”. (Stopped? It never started working!:confused:) When I installed Profile Editor I just click-through using the offered “defualt” installation location.

Any help would be really appreciated![/QUOTE]I was never able to get the Profile Editor to work. I don’t think they are supporting/updating that anymore.

-IP

Reinstall, when you do it will install in the DVDFab version 6 dir.

:slight_smile:

I’ve just installed the latest Beta version of the DVDFab Profile Editor. It shows up in the DVDFab6 program folder but when I enter the settings that I want to use my device does not show up when I open DVDFab.
Isn’t there a way to integrate the Profile Editor into DVDFab? Other conversion programs that I’ve used provide for this — including the free ones!
Cheers,
Fred

Thanks everyone for your responses! :smiley:

I have [U]not[/U] upgraded yet to DVDFab 6, I’m still using [B]DVDFab Platinum (Option: Mobile 5.2.5.0)[/B]. [I](I was hoping to get everything working on my exting setup without introducing a software update as yet another variable.)[/I] NOTE: My latest attempt to launch Profile Editor brought about the old [B]blue screen of death[/B], I hate when that happens.

[B]A few things are still unclear:[/B] :confused:

[ul]
[li]When [U]upgrading[/U] to DVDFab 6 (from DVDFab Platinum (Option: Mobile) with “lifetime updates”) is what’s now called [B]DVD to Mobile [/B][U]included[/U] in your subscription?
[/li]

[li]Are certain versions of the Profile Editor compatible only with specific versions of DVDFab? (Should I be using maybe an older version of Profile Editor with DVDFab Platinum?)
[/li]

[li]Is Profile Editor “built in” (intergrated) into DVDFab 6 or does it remain a seperate “add-on”?
[/li][/ul]
DVDFab experts please reply, I’m still confused!

Profile Editor is a standalone product. Make sure you are using the new release (1.0.0.[B]2[/B]) of Profile Editor and please update to v6 of DVDFab first. Earlier versions of Profile Editor would crash if the FLV profile was present in the Profiles folder.

I guess that it’s time to upgrade to ver. 6 and not look back! [I](I assume DVD to Mobile will be included in my upgrade then.)[/I]

Thanks signals! :smiley:

The only way that I am able to launch the Profile Editor is to go into the DVDFab6 program folder and open the Profile Editor folder. There is an .exe file in there that will the open the program.
That works OK but I still can’t get it to remember my settings as they do not show up when I open DVDFab. I’ve used “Save” and “Save As” but neither seems to work!
Hopefully, this glitch will be fixed soon and Profile Editor will be fully integrated into the DVDFab software!
Fred