Prodye 4x Speed only writes 2.4x on ND-2500A, why?

I have a copuple of Prodye DVD+R 4x Speed

The code is: POMSC001002

On my NEC2500A drive it only writes in 2.4x, but on my friends NEC1300 it writes in 4x, why? Should it’s big brother 2500A be able to write it in 4x or is it a bug in the firmware?

It’s not a “bug”, it’s just the way the drive/firmware is set up. A firmware revision might change it, or might not.

Please drop me an email, I got a custom made firmware that allows you to burn those at 6x using the Philips writing strategy :slight_smile:

Herrie, could you please email this firmware to mstrid@glocalnet.net!

herrie - any update on the Ritek R03 8x disks?

Yes Herrie, Please, oh Please give us some hope about the Riteks R03. I have 100 of these bad boys waiting for 8X…did I say Please???/:smiley:

i bought 50 of the prodye discs pomsc001002 wich only burn at 2.4x in my nec 2500.has someone tested the firmware from herrie with philips writing strategy ,wich enable 6xburning with these discs?is it with windows flasher?i have got external burner so i can not flash with dos.someone here who has got the firmware??please send it to me. e mail:dietrich.heber@freenet.de thanks a lot in advance!::bow:

I’ll join the Ritek R03 queue!

PLEASE!

This media is on it’s hands and knees begging to be burnt at 8x.

Originally posted by Herrie
Please drop me an email, I got a custom made firmware that allows you to burn those at 6x using the Philips writing strategy :slight_smile:
Hi Herrie. Any other changes to the firmware you mention?

Cheers,
Peter

:slight_smile: with the beta 5 firmware the prodye discs burn at 6x without problem .there are really no problems with the firmware !dvd +rw burn at 4x, not like the first philips writing strategy firmware.wonderful! many thanks to harry.nec should pay you for your support.they dont do anything for their product!

Originally posted by dietusch
…many thanks to harry.

Why the heck are people having trouble getting the name right?
It’s not that difficult…

H E R R I E !