Prodisc -R 4x media

vbimport

I’ve looked through this forum and haven’t been able to find much info on Prodisc media. Does anyone know if Herrie’s upcoming firmware release will support Prodisc -R 4x media @ 8x? Is anyone using this media? Can you offer your experiences with it in regards to the NEC 2500A?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is posted somewhere already, but I did look at length for it.

Yep, Prodisc 4X DVD-R has been tested and burns very nicely at 8X with Herries beta firmwares…
Install Herrie 1.07 Beta7 until he releases a new one.
Read through the old Beta firmware threads to see Kprobe scans.

Bought Bulkpaq labeled ones from SVP.

Three straight coasters.

All disc had problems over 3.8G

I’d say that’s a BIG yes:
Burned at 8x;

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Burned at 8x;

What label brand of Prodisc did you use ?

Originally posted by ArchV
What label brand of Prodisc did you use ?

Those are Memorex 4x -R

Those are Memorex 4x -R

explains it all… Memorex v bulkpaq… Label brand is important as the dye

Burned at 8x;

Which firmware did you burn that with?

i tried prodisc03 (bulkpaq printables) that burnt perfect at 6x for me, but when i tried at 8x it looked like it burnt ok but failed to verify. checking the disk itself, it looks like it hasnt even written the last parts of the disk - the 8x part :eek:

no biggie tho, not much diff between 6 and 8x with the NEC

Originally posted by tomos
[B]i tried prodisc03 (bulkpaq printables) that burnt perfect at 6x for me, but when i tried at 8x it looked like it burnt ok but failed to verify. checking the disk itself, it looks like it hasnt even written the last parts of the disk - the 8x part :eek:

no biggie tho, not much diff between 6 and 8x with the NEC [/B]

thats a known bug with herries firmware 107 beta 9a with burning dvd-r media at 8x his 108 will address this when its released, and this is where mr grimes is showing you his scan from.

Thanks to everyone that replied. I appreciate the info. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Jamos
thats a known bug with herries firmware 107 beta 9a with burning dvd-r media at 8x his 108 will address this when its released, and this is where mr grimes is showing you his scan from.

is this true mr grimes the scan is using herries soon to be released 108 ?

thanks

Originally posted by REDBULL2004
[B]is this true mr grimes the scan is using herries soon to be released 108 ?

thanks [/B]

I thought that was alreadt clear.

Does anyone know if Herrie’s upcoming firmware release will support Prodisc -R 4x media @ 8x?

I thought that was alreadt clear.

they just dont listen to me or read posts! :bigsmile:

so where in this post does mr grimes state he’s using herries soon to be released 108 firmware , all i did was ask if u were right jamos in a polite manner , no need for sarcasm :bigsmile:

That’s what the search button is for :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Oddball
That’s what the search button is for :slight_smile:

what has the search got to do with asking mr grimes if the scan he has posted in this post is done using the 108 firmware .NOTHING WHAT SO EVER !

God i hate it when u ask a simple question and smart arse’s but in trying to look clever .Thats what discussions are all about discussing things , not to have peeps trying to make um look stupid

I have just ordered some Bulkpaq Printables. Hopefully, they have the Prodisc S03 media code. I’ll let you know my results!

Update: My Bulpaq printables arrived yesterday. I was happy at first since they have the ProDisc S03 media code. But I also get errors after about 3,8 GB and the disc ends up as a coaster. Seems to be a common problem with S03s by Bulkpaq. Absolute crap! Avoid them at all costs. :Z

you think? i’ve burnt loads of them to as close as i can to a full disk @ 6x and verified just fine in either nero or dvddec
hell right now, to save HD space, i’mm running a torrent off a dvd now and the client verified the whole disk via the hash check as well. :slight_smile:

personally i love these disks