Prodisc 8x Shiny Silver 100pk - $33

vbimport

Forgive me, 1st post, plz don’t flame. :rolleyes:

I found (what I think) is a good deal on Prodiscs…

Description:
Prodisc 8x DVD-R Shiny silver media 100pk (2-50disc Cake boxes): $33 (free shipping)

DVD Identifier info:
UID: [DVD-R:MCC 02RG20 ]
Disc & Book Type: [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name: [Mitubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID: [MCC 02RG20 ]
Blank Disc Capacity: [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

Link: http://www.supermediastore.com/prodisc-8x-dvd-r-shiny-silver-100-pack-free-ground-shipping.html

Being new to DVD burning, I don’t know how good Prodisc DVD’s are, but I’ve burned 3 data DVD’s with them without any issues.

I’m using Nero Burning Rom 6, with an Optorite DD0203 drive.

Two questions:

1. What’s the best Blank DVD manufacturer?
  2. What’s the best (for the money) 8x+ internal IDE DVD read/write drive available?

Thank you,
-Trystian

1. Taiyo Yuden

2. Benq 1620 or Nec 3520 or LG 4163

Trystian Sky,

I agree on the Taiyo Yuden by Henry, and his choice of drives is also very good.

I use A LG 4163B also.

I primarily use Yuden T02 sold as FujiFilm 8X +R.

You can burn it at 12X in the LG 4163B.

Yo-

Ritek, Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim and Maxell-

Can’t go wrong with NEC 3500 or 3520 or Pioneer 108 or 109burners-

Good reliable place to get your media is www.rima.com or www.newegg.com (who is also good for purchasing burners)-

Did not know that Prodisc was shipping Verbatim MID coded media - interesting-

Mike

Thank you all for the input.

Apparently, I was a little premature on posting this “deal”. The first three DVD’s burned fine, then next two had errors. One of them I held up to the light and saw a small pinhole in the media where light shined through. I’m pretty sure that’s not supposed to be like that. I hope the rest are ok. Next time, I’ll go with Taiyo Yuden’s.

The LG 4163B looks like a sweet drive. Only $62 at newegg.com. My first 1X CD burner cost me over $1000 USD back in '96-'97, in addition to the $4 per blank CD. It’s insane how fast technology is advancing, and how prices drop. =)