Processor upgrade

i have a hp pavilion a1110n desktop pc with a 345 intel celeron d processor.i want to know is the processor upgradeable?:cool:

[QUOTE=changcheh;2202521]i have a hp pavilion a1110n desktop pc with a 345 intel celeron d processor.i want to know is the processor upgradeable?:cool:[/QUOTE]

That depends far more on the capability of your MotherBoard
and it’s soldered in place chipset than anything else.

It’s likely you could upgrade to another “Prescott” based Pentium 4 chip
but which one is again dependent on your MoBo and it’s chipset.

But it’s likely you’d be better off getting a more capable motherboard.

Any idea who actually makes your motherboard?

Do you know if it uses a Socket 478 or Socket 775 type chip?

How much “upgrade” do you need (what do you actually do?)

You are already running a faster processor than I am… I’m still running a P4-2.40GHz
while your Celeron D 345 is a 3.06GHz…

It might be easier and more practical to upgrade your chip AND Mother board
if you are really looking for better performance.

it uses socket 775 type chip. what i like to do is burn movie files faster,i download movie files from the internet.i also have a dell xps 720 intel core 2 quad cpu q6600 2.40ghz which burn 1.38gb movie file within 30 mins. which will take my hp 90 mins. or more.

:cool:

Burn or Convert?

Burning should take less than 20mins at any decent speed.

It probably has the standard Dell 300W PSU.:doh:

Thread moved to General Hardware for more help and advice. :wink:

[QUOTE=changcheh;2202521]i have a hp pavilion a1110n desktop pc with a 345 intel celeron d processor.i want to know is the processor upgradeable?:cool:[/QUOTE]

Is this link I am posting a match to you computer???
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodinfoCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=470505

changcheh, are you converting AVI files into DVD VOB files?

For the price of a used cpu you won’t see much performance increase. Your money would be better spent on a new CPU+MB+RAM. Another option that would give you better performance would be to replace your old HDD with a modern one, like a Western Digital 640GB drive (not the “green” version).

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2206882]Is this link I am posting a match to you computer???
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodinfoCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=470505[/QUOTE]

Yes, changcheh, very important. Is this your computer? because according to the link coolcolors gave. Your motherboard is a socket 478 not 775 compatible board. Let us know so we can better assist you. :slight_smile: