Probs with burners?

first things first in my pc i have a nec 3520 burner and a liteon 1653s i have had the pc for around 1 month from pc world and i have a prob burning dvds.

originaly i kept getting a no seek complete error in nero so i thought it was the ide cable so i change it and was still getting the same error so i thought i would try different media so i tried tdx, traxdata, ritek, datasafe , datawrite and lots more but still had the same problem so i thought i would swap the burner to nec 3520.

its taking around 1.30 minutes to burn just the lead in on most dvdrs ? im using ritek g04 and g05 dvdrs at the moe and all are saying 100% complete but when I try to play them in a dvd player they skip and pause and judder etc… very poor copys?

When I put a disk in any of these dirves I have got, the drive sounds like its going to take off it speeds ups making a right fast noise then just seems to stop?
I know both of these drives work fine in my old pc I cant understand why they wont work in this one ?

I have a my old pc upstairs that I am giving to the girlfriends sister that burns all these dvds fine ? that’s got a pioneer 107 burner and liteon rom ?

now i have the 3520 i am getting the same problems i have tried burning at a slower speed and tried lots of media and even updated the firmware, but still not solved the problem i happens to around 50 % of dvds i burn if not more!

but if i use the 3520 to read the dvd and the liteon 1653s to burn the dvds it seems to alittle better?

if you require anymore info please let me know

Boot into BIOS and verify that all hard drives and optical drives are seen and set to use AUTO detection. Save and exit. Reboot and go to Device Manager and remove the Primary and Secondary IDE channels. Reboot and verify that devices 0 and 1 in Primary and Secondary IDE channels are set to use DMA mode. Save and Reboot. Verify that all devices connected to Primary and Secondary IDE channels are running in DMA mode. Make sure the jumpers on the hardware are set to Cable Select OR Master/Slave if there are two devices connected to the IDE channel.

A more drastict solution is to wipe the hard drive and reload Windows. Install ONLY a firewall and connect to the internet. Download AnyDVD and CloneDVD from Slysoft.com and test your burn. I suspect you have have a software conflict.

hi mate i have tryed formatting and clean install but this dint solv the problem.
the ide devices are all set to dma if avalible if i burn a image from the pc it works just fine? the jumpers are all set to the correct setting ie master and slave etc…

im at a loss i have wasted around 35 to 40 blanks now?

i recommend rewrites til you fix the problem

Make sure that IMAPI is DISSABLED in Services…It will give you probs if you Not useing XPs Burning progy…