great lookin forum
Anyways, ive just "aquired" myself a copy of Black & White (the fairlight ISO release). However it appeared to install fine, but when i try to run it, it crashes soon after the first couple of screens and goes back to windows.
I'm tryin to run it on a celeron 500mhz, 256MB RAM, SB AWE64, Abit BX6 M/B, CL TNT2 Ultra, Win 98 SE etc etc. Think im runnin the latest Creative Fasttrax drivers.
heres the way of tried installing/running B & W:
1) Booted up into windows 98 SE (i run a multi-boot system)
2) Inserted B & W "backup" CD
3) Checked the release groups nfo file that was fortunately included on the cd in the root dir.
4) Followed the install instructions contained within that nfo file (ie Install Game using Setup.exe, overwrite the runblack.exe file in the Games dir with the cracked runblack.exe contained on the CD - I didn't install to default dir, but inputted: C:\Games\Black & White). Could that be the problem?
5) Downloaded the Black & White Security Fix (The Distinct release i think)
6) Followed its nfo instructions and patched the exe with security fix & Updated the registry usin the inc reg file.
7) Then tryed running the game usin the Start Menu entry and no go! Also tryed runnin directly from the runblack.exe, but this didn't work either!
So any suggestions? I'm gunna try it again from scratch under WinXP RC1 and maybe Win2K (like i said i do have a multi-boot box!), and this time try and run it before applying the security fix, as maybe that is the problem?
Anyways, please help me if you can, otherwise just wish me luck!