Problems Writing/Rewriting to DVD-RW Media

Hi all,

I bought 10 Princo 1X/2X DVD-RW DVDs.

I am using 321 Studios DVD Copy Express to backup my DVDs. What I do is backup the movie using a DVD-RW and then make a copy to DVD-R using Roxio Disc Copier.

Here is the problem. When I make a copy of a DVD movie using DVD Copy Express nothing seems to be burnt to the DVD-RW or it becomes unreadable (drive indicates unrecognized format). These are all brand new DVD-RWs. There have been occasions where the movie has burned to the DVD-RW correctly but when I reuse it I end up with the same problem.

So I decide to format the DVD-RW using DVDInfo (latest freeware version). It says it formats it fine and then ejects the disc. I then go into the info menu and it shows it as not formatted! What is going on here?

Anyway, I don’t believe it it the DVD drives as it has happens on both my drives - a LiteOn 851S Dual 8X DVD writer and a BTC 1004M Dual 4X DVD writer. Both drives are running as secondary masters (no slaves on this IDE channel) in DMA mode.

Here is the real clincher DVD+RWs always work!

Are these Princos junk? Can they be salvageable?

Thanks

Are these Princos junk? Can they be salvageable?

Yes…No

The only drive I’ve been able to successfully use these discs in is a pioneer DVD-106D.

All other drives either refuses to write or writes unreadable discs.

I guess this Princos are not very compatible to my drives.

Anyway, any suggestiong on good DVD-RW media for my BTC 1004IM and LiteOn 851S drives.

Thanks

Both verbatim and memorex DVD-RW works just fine for me with all drives.

Isnt Memorex sometimes MBI? In which case isn’t MBI pretty darn crappy? :confused:

Originally posted by Ssseth
Isnt Memorex sometimes MBI? In which case isn’t MBI pretty darn crappy? :confused:

Could be, but I’ve not yet seen any DVD-RW discs by MBI under the memorex brand.

My verbatims is mitsubishi and my memorex is TDK - both is good manufacturers.

My bad, it was a typo. I was thinking of DVD-R as you posted obviously by mistake. :iagree:

Originally posted by OC-Freak
Both verbatim and memorex DVD-R works just fine for me with all drives.