I’ve had my liteon 40x12x48 burner for about 2 months now, and I’m starting to have problems. I can still burn data CD’s no ploblems, but when I burn music CDs (using nero) my stereos (4 new, compatible cdr players) can’t even read them. It’s not the music I’m burning because I tried burning some of the CDs I’ve burnt before, and its not the blank CDs I’m using, because I’m using the same ones I’ve always used. If anyone has an idea I’d like to hear it.
audio cd creation has got gradually worse until my players can’t read them. My system is set up ok. I’ve put my old writer back in for now while I contact the supplier and it is working just great.
btw - I’ve tried writing at 4,8 and 16x and the result is the same.
Packard Bell 450 PIII, 128 mb RAM, W98 SE, Pioneer 113 dvd/cd rom (fw 1.12) secondary ide master, Liteon 40125S (fw upgraded to ZS0P) secondary slave, Nero 184.108.40.206 (then upgraded from OEM to Full Product). DMA enabled. Sync transfer disabled. Auto Insert Disabled. Disconnect enabled for both drives. Recording audio tried 4,8 and 16x DAO from dvd/cd rom drive mp3 and also mp3 held on HD
tried different ide settings also