Problems with Windows Media playback

vbimport

I have a laptop which had Windows Media 9 on it and it plays MPEG4 files but would not play the DVD Shrink output files. I upgraded to version 11 - same problems. The files are good because I can play them on other machines. This is on a Dell machine with ATI video card. I am also getting a “VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it is no longer responding to graphics driver commands” message.

Any thoughts how to get WMP 11 to play the files?

Thanks!

Assuming this is Windows XP, Windows Media Player does not include a dvd decoder.

I suggest using VLC or Media Player Classic to play your dvds. Both are free to download and use.

Two commercial programs that are commonly used are PowerDVD and WinDVD. Once you have installed one of them, WMP can make use of their dvd decoder, but you would be better off just using those programs to playback dvd video.

Thanks for the feedback. I do use WinDVD and it works fine but there sems to be something wrong with the general audio because even the Windows boot tone is garbled when the machine boots Windows. Then WMP is garbled sounding but WinDVD is fine. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks to all!