Problems with version 5.0.6.0

vbimport

I have been using DVDFAB for a while, and this is the first time that I have experience problems that did not exist in prior versions.

1. Endless Analysing of DVD. I uninstall and clean registry, clean disk and reinstall, but the problem still exist.

2. Task cancel immediately after starting. This is the first time I have come across it. It is quite a persistance problem especially ripping DVD to IPOD, occuring 5 out of 5 times. Even sometimes starting DVDFAB, the problems seems to reappeared.

P/S:- the above faults does not have any prompting of errors.

I bet a lot of folks has this problems and seems that there is not thread that is directly focusing on the current version, which I like to highlight here.

Hope this matter can be resolve soon.

Thank you

Try disabling Path Player to stop the endless analyzing. Only ipod.264 and ipod touch work on mine, I get the same results as you on all the other profiles. Give one of those a try.

could the authors not build a time-out into pathplayer, so that it “realises” after a while that it is not going to complete, & disables itself for that DVD ?

[QUOTE=cybmole;2096378]could the authors not build a time-out into pathplayer, so that it “realises” after a while that it is not going to complete, & disables itself for that DVD ?[/QUOTE]

I would think so, but at what point would you give up? I’ve had some analyze a long time when the structure was really pooched and completed correctly.

I am using IPOD NANO to view all my movies.

The endless analysing happened before, so I do not think that it is an issue with PathPlayer. Even it I disable PP, that is only a temporary fix…one that FENGTAO has to give a permanent fix.

I had experience this issue in one of the pervious version (forgot which)…it was fixed in subsquence version, and I believed, this is an OLD bug that has cripped back to this new version.

The other is [B]Task cancel immediately after starting[/B]. This is a “NEW” issue. And I believed FengTao may not be aware of it.

Hopefully, Fengtao knows about it and give it a permanent fix.

Chow

The Path Player issue is not new, it has done this on me ever since it came out on certain titles. I think it depends on how bad the DVD structure is FUBAR. Sure it is a temporary fix because it is a temporary problem. Turn it off on the bad ones and back on when you’re done with it.

I agree that ipod is pretty much busted I just thought one of the two profiles that still work might work for you.

Funny, I thought the problems has been fixed since I have not experience it after version 5.0. (not even in version 4.0.1.2.6) . The last several versions prior to version 5.0.6.0 I did not experience any problems whatsoever…so I do not need to disable PP. But why in version 5.0.6.0?

For your information, I tried the same DVD before and never have any problems except for version 5.0.6.0. So, I do not think it is the fault of the Disk. It is a dvdfab’s BUG.

Thank you for the IPOD options, I preferred to stick with IPOD default as it bring clearer pictures and better playback.

As mentioned before, DVDFAB is a good program, except that it tends to be “unpredictable” after every version updates.

P/S:- DVDFAB is the only program that I keep every updates since version 4 till current. As I am not “comfortable” with every new release, so I can revert to the prior versions. At the rate it is going, I am really glad that DVDFAB offers LIFETIME free updates, otherwise, most users will definitely give-up.

Chow

[quote=90312;2096604]The Path Player issue is not new, it has done this on me ever since it came out on certain titles. I think it depends on how bad the DVD structure is FUBAR. Sure it is a temporary fix because it is a temporary problem. Turn it off on the bad ones and back on when you’re done with it.

I agree that ipod is pretty much busted I just thought one of the two profiles that still work might work for you.[/quote] I have to agree with you on the PP part as it all depends on how protected the movie is IMO :iagree::iagree::iagree:

Hi Sea Monster,

Please try DVDFab 5.0.6.5 Beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-6-5-beta-out-249031/

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[quote=fengtao;2096899]Hi Sea Monster,

Please try DVDFab 5.0.6.5 Beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-6-5-beta-out-249031/

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/quote]