Problems with USB (Ldw851sx)

I don’t know what is going on with this drive. It was working fine until I had to get my motherboard replaced. Now when I plug it in it says unknown device, or that it is a high speed usb device in a 1.1 port. My computer is brand new and has all 2.0’s, but I tried it in all of them anyway, no luck. The device works, but when i shut my computer down, it doesn’t see the drive when I power up. So I have to unplug the usb and plug it back in everytime. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome aboard!

There are various reasons why USB 2.0 ports work at 1.1 speed. If there’s another USB device on your USB controller that is connected to the DVDR drive, the speed of all ports on that controller is lowered to 1.1 speed.
Besides that, many mainboard BIOS’ offer the functionality to put USB 2.0 ports at 1.1 speed. Check your BIOS for details.

Also, a BIOS upgrade might be of help. Sometimes there are issues with certain USB->IDE convertors that can be resolved by updating the BIOS. Especially pretty new boards suffer from problems like these!