Problems with Ulead VideoStudio 11 plus

vbimport

Hi,
I am new at this: working with Ulead VideoStudio 11 plus - sometimes I manage, but here I am, trying to start a new project, but one that starts with some video recorded a while ago; when I try to insert it into the library or the time line, I get the message “FIle Format mismatch) and further “unable to open file” - it’s a .VOB file, and I can’t seem to convert it either! ( the batch convert” feature doesn’t seem to do anything either!).
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for listening,
Liana

Welcome [B]lianam[/B] :slight_smile: - I’ve split this off from the ‘Say Hi…’ thread since it seems like a specific problem.

[QUOTE=lianam;1997930]Hi,
I am new at this: working with Ulead VideoStudio 11 plus - sometimes I manage, but here I am, trying to start a new project, but one that starts with some video recorded a while ago; when I try to insert it into the library or the time line, I get the message “FIle Format mismatch) and further “unable to open file” - it’s a .VOB file, and I can’t seem to convert it either! ( the batch convert” feature doesn’t seem to do anything either!).
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for listening,
Liana[/QUOTE]

Need more information concerning your input file. Please download a program called GSPOT, and run it against the file. Post the results here.

OK
Here is what I got about this file: ( I mean I opened the file with GSpot )

File is 976 MB (or 1,000,222 KB or 1,024,227,328 bytes)

File is MPEG( mpeg/.mpg/.VOB)
was this enough?

Need you to post the Entire log… Need to know if file is MPEG2, MPEG4, NTSC, PAL, etc… Where did this file originate from… (And if any of this is illegal, don’t talk about it here…)

ok, try again:
file size: 137 MB (or 140,354 KB or 143,722,496 bytes)

status: This is an MPEG format video file. This format is not currently supported by GSpot. Note that “Rendering” may be used to obtain more information about an unsupported format.
To get more information by having GSpot instruct the O/S to “play” the file and then examine the results, press the button labeled “Render”.
I did and I got: (S) --> MPEG-2 Demultiplexer --> InterVideo Audio Decoder --> ®

also status: DirectShow claims to be able to play the file. The following combination of filters were used:
{C:\Users\Liliana\Desk…-…gspot221\VTS_01_2.VOB} (Audio Source)
{MPEG-2 Demultiplexer} (Audio Splitter)
{InterVideo Audio Decoder} (Audio Decoder)
{Default DirectSound Device} (Audio Renderer)

audio svc: is DOLBY_AC3

now it seems to me that this Gspot isn’t going to help me with this file…
right?

Okay, I’m stumped. I’ve never run across a file which Gspot couldn’t handle. You may want to go to www.videohelp.com/tools and look at DEMUX software. Try some of them and see if you can demux the file into a format which you can work with. Or try tools such as Convertxtodvd…