Problems with TY CDRs

vbimport

Hi All

When I first started to use TY CDRs last year I had no problems with them at all, now it seems something has happened.

This started when I received some music disks burnt onto the same media which took an absolute age to get my machine to read. Now the same problem has started with disks that I burnt a short while ago, now my machine will not recognise these either. Other brands I have here that where burnt sometime ago are OK, infact any other brand that I put in which has been burnt also gets mounted OK.

I am putting this down to a change in the TY media and my drive, thinking about it I had the same problem with some Fuji disks that I was sent last
year.

Anybody else had any problems with TYs in the last, say, few months?

They are all genuine TYs, frosted centre, serial number stamped across the hub, not around.

I am now thinking of moving to TDK Metallic blanks, any thoughts?

Thanks for listning…

Washac

What’s/are your burner(s) ?

All is just fine here.
Here’s a randomly chosen disc ( Verbatim Pastel ) burnt by Yamaha F1 on 031108 :

Drive Type = CD-RW
Disc Type = CDR
Material = Cyanine
Lead In = 97:24:01
Lead Out = 79:59:72
Nominal Capacity = 702.83MB
Manufacturer Maybe = Taiyo Yuden Company Limited
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 52X (Write)

Hi Boskin

Whoa, do not confuse me with all that science :wink:

My machine is an eMac with an internal Philips CDD5101…

Thing is some disks (TYs) mount everytime, others do not.

I am wondering if it is because the TY’s are unbranded, IE:- They are not tested as such.

Also, eveything used to be OK with this drive and the unbranded TYs.

Thing is here in the UK it is hard to get hold of TY(Fujis) or the Verbatim Pastels, or can anybody help with a UK supplier.

Washac

Pls check the media retailer list in my sig.
Also TY in U.K ?