Problems With Taiyo Yuden Media With Nec 2510a

I purchased 300 TAIYO YUDEN 2x dvd-r disc while on vacation at a steal of a price i would say around $35 for all 300. But I can’t seem to get them to play on a stand alone DVD player. I took a finished disc to Best Buy and it wouldn’t work on any of the DVD players, but it reads fine on my pc. Here are the variables…

DVD shrink 3.1
Nero 6 xpress
TAIYO YUDEN 2x dvd-r media with book type reading dvd-rom (is that normal?)
Nec 2510a

I tried buring at 1x with the same result.

I killed 10 disc so far sampling from different spools, all the disc finalize fine and read fine and completely through my pc. What am i doing wrong here? Please help!

Just a guess, will the discs have a fake ID…?

I found this on a Google search and this is my extact problem …

"But I’m getting strange results with Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.

DVD’s authored in Apple DVD Studio Pro using Taiyo work just fine. Even when using build disc only (not build & format) and burning instead with Toast.

But DVD’s copied using DVD Backup and burned Taiyo with Toast won’t mount 9 out of 10 times at all.
(“No disc” message, and spits them out, or refuses to eject until switching the player off and on again)

These discs however play just fine using Apple Software Player, Pioneer DVD340, Philips623 and even crap stuff like Cyberhome.

Player is firmware 9.28 with remote hack.
Burner is Pioneer DVR-105."

We need to see the media code from the discs.

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

Odds are that they are fake. Did you buy them from some guy on the streeet, selling them from his car trunk? :wink:

now be nice RDG :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the CDFreaks forums BMWBOY713

If your mid code says dvd-rom instead of dvd-r sounds like you dont have dvd-r but dvd+r media. if they were Taiyo Yudens they should burn fine with your NEC 2510. I don’t think the problem you described above matches your issue. I would download the above program and post here what the media identifier is just the first 4 lines is enough. You may have been taken though, as changing the mid codes does happen.

I can surely recomend www.newegg.com www.accaproducts.com or www.rima.com if you live in the U.S. they will not cheat you.

also the reason they play on your dvd recorder is most likely it has higher tolerences for errors than a home dvd player would.

well i bought the media in china while on vacation explaining why it was so cheap, but I live in California, even if it is dvd+r shouldn’t I be able to still play it? The dvd player reads load and then makes it very difficult to eject the disc. I will post the media code as soon as I get home.

DOWS THIS LOOK ODD TO ANYONE?

Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID TAIYOYUDEN
Format Capacity Not Formatted
Free Blocks 412352512
Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.71GB)
Book Type DVD-ROM
Media Type DVD-R
Media Id Code Speed 2.0x 2770KBps
Write Strategy Speed 1.0x 1385KBps
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

00000000 00 2A 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 50 00 02 87 0D 13 .*…@…P…
00000010 88 99 80 00 03 54 41 49 59 4F 59 00 04 55 44 45 …TAIYOY…UDE
00000020 4E 00 00 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 0E 40 00 A8 N…@…

looks legitimate but not sure…not sure whats wrong mate…

do you have the latest version of necs firmware if not get it here and try a burn after you flash it

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101340