Problems with Stock 411s

vbimport

I've been having issues with my stock 411s. Trying to do burns with Imation media (RITEKG03) I always (95%) get skips and stalls near the end of a disk. I'm new to DVD burning so it took me a while to get up to speed on some of the tools. I found out about kprobe and it's showing a strong ramp in PI/PO errors on the last 20% or so of the disk, and big single spikes throughout (perhaps 30 or so spikes in the first 80% before it all goes to h3ll in the last 20%). Sorry, forgot to save my scans, but I'm getting into the 500's for PO which isn't good :frowning:

For testing I've been burning using decrypter (latest version). I started with burning at MAX, but then changed to 2x, and then tried setting 1x (but the burns seem to do a 2x minimum?). Occasionally I've gotten a usable burn (based on kprobe) but never with really good kprobe numbers.

Anyone have any ideas?

BTW: Anyone know if there is a known bug in kprobe? Sometimes if I let it run overnight, when I come back it has a few error popups about (from memory) "canvas doesn't allow draw" or some such and the system is generating out of resource errors requiring a hard reset. This is under XP (SP1) with the screen saver having kicked in).

Edit: I am using the latest firmware

AFAIK, firmware FS0F is best for DVD- burning. It should also support 1x writing speed.

Originally posted by easy-going-man
AFAIK, firmware FS0F is best for DVD- burning. It should also support 1x writing speed.

I’m currently using the even newer FSOH firmware.

newer isn’t always better when it comes to firmware. FS0F seems to be really great with a wide variety of media, it was what most of us were waiting for. use flashfix from in the tools section of this thread at the top in the sticky, to patch the FS0F installer to allow u to flash back. keep us posted