Problems with starting Nero ImageDrive under WinXP (Driver Installation Fails)

vbimport

I have installed Nero 6 Ultra Edition on my computer, under WindowsXP Professional.

The problem I am having is with Nero ImageDrive:
At first after installing it, the program worked just fine. I enabled ImageDrive, tested it, and the disabled it again.

The problem I am having now is that I wanted to enable it again to read an ISO image file I downloaded, but I get the following error message whenever I try to do so:

“Driver Installation Failed!”

And then the program terminates.

I’ve been searching the net about this problem for a while, but unfortunately no matter how hard I’ve tried I can’t find any mention of the same problem I am experiencing anywhere.

Does anyone else get this message? More importantly does anyone here know how to fix this problem? (I REALLY need to use ImageDrive asap).

Please help…
NanQuan

Ok, this is pretty silly since I’m replying to my own thread, but for any of you who might encounter this problem in the future, here is the solution:

Go to “c:\windows\system32”, delete the file “ImageDrive.cpl”.
After doing so, start ImageDrive again and it’ll work perfectly!

Hi NanQan,

thank you for answering yourself: your posting was very helpfull to me!!!

Sure thing weichholz, I’m glad I could help :slight_smile:

it doesn’t work for me :frowning:

Thank You NanQan, I solve the problem with the Nero ImageDrive.

I have a strange problem with Nero ImageDrive on XP Pro. Usually people have problems with deleting it, but I have installation problems. Once I enable Nero ImageDrive from “Nero 7 Ultra Edition”->“Tools”->Nero ImageDrive; I get a prompt to reboot the PC. Once rebooted, the drive appears and I can load images into the drive. But the next time I restart the machine, the drive is gone. Enabling the drive asks for another reboot after which the drive works. It disappers again after the next restart.

I have the same Nero version on another PC running XP Pro and faced no issues. My ImageDrive version is 3.0.0.12 and my “Burning ROM” version is 7.11.10.0

Any help appreciated