Problems with Star Wars 4

vbimport

Unable to make a back up of Star Wars 4 with ANYDVD v.5.2.7.1. Always coming up with “cyclic problems” around the 52% completion area. Any suggestions? :sad:

@ emgjet,

Concerning CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) data error notifications

Suggest viewing the below Forum posting concerning CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) data error notification. Notice the Comments in posting #6 by Olli the author of CloneDVD/CloneCD and instrumental in the development of AnyDVD.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=138522

Best Regards,
bjkg

It appears that this DVD tittle STAR_WARS_4
does not have Arcooss protection. This title is released by 20 century FOX.
Try copying it with DVD X Copy Platinum 4.0.3.8

What stupid advice is this? AnyDVD & any program do the job just fine.

Macrovision3500
Why would you suggest using a program (321 Studios) that was shut down in August 2004 for a movie released 9/21/04. It’s quite evident there will never ever be any updates to combat the ever changing attempt at copy protection.
I’m not saying it wouldn’t work,just a poor suggestion to emgjet’s problem.

emjet
Try throughly cleaning the disk first, if that doesn’t work, some have suggested Brasso does angood job in removing scratches if this is a borrowed disk. If it is a new store bought, return the disk to place of purchase and request a new one. more then likely it is a defective disk, no software you will use will copy it.

Hello Folks,

To say the least it bothers me when a Forum member has a problem with AnyDVD and asks for assistance and someone suggests using some other software program.

Lets keep the Forum Threads On Topic and assist the Forum member with their AnyDVD problem and figure out what the problem is with AnyDVD and not suggest using some other software product.

If someone has paid a registration fee for the AnyDVD software program it is discourteous and impolite to tell them to go and use some other software product. Most AnyDVD problems can to be easily corrected without needing to use some other software.

When your Ford Pick Up Truck breaks the Ford Dealer doesn’t tell the customer to go and buy a Chevrolet.

Best Regards,
bjkg

They probably should. :smiley:

Uhhhh, anyway, the original poster should check the disc for scratches and/or try cleaning it. Sounds like it could be a bad disc…

I bought a Chevy and now I need new brakes. I thought it was some other type of vehicle that was always Fix Or Repair Daily. :wink:

Thank you for your help gentlemen, Yes I tried a New (different Original disc) disc and the problem is solved. Now I know what “Cyclic Redundancy” error means. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I had a feeling it might be the disc. Glad you got it worked out.