Problems with Sony DW-G120A DVD Burner

I bought this with the custom gaming machine I had built and it has never worked . It will not burn discs, it starts the burn then just starts spinning and clicking and will not continue. I have tried several different software packages for burning including Nero 7. I have uninstalled the drivers while in safe mode ( and not in safe mode ) and reinstalled the drive fresh a few times. I have updated to Mys4 firmware. I have tried 7 different brands/types of media. I should also mention this is the second drive the first one had this exact same issue and was replaced by the computer company. The new drive will not burn either. I am at a loss. It read CDs and DVDs fine but it will not burn them not DVDs and not CDs. I have put in an email to the computer company that built my machine but it seems odd that both drives would be defective and I wonder if there is something I am missing. Driver version is 5.1.2535.0 Microsoft.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Uninstall Nero, then run their cleantool too.
then install it new, try a burn, post the logfile here.

Hi and welcome!

Check jumpers and cables. This drive should preferably be connected by an 80-wire IDE cable.

Michael