Problems with some mp3s from kazaa

vbimport

i downloaded a bunch of mp3s from kazaa and three of them had the same problem. After playing 30 seconds or more of the song, suddenly the sound becomes schratchy and unbearable. I play songs with winamp2 but the same problem occurs with wmp9 and musicmatch jukebox 7.5 plus. If i play a song in winamp2, and, for example i jump to the middle of the song (which is corrupted - i think) the progress button stops advancing and begins to move backward. Also, the bitrate gradually decreases. Is this a sign that mp3s in kazaa ar corrupted by some copyright agency or am i the only one that has this problem?

i’ve had this problem as well. havent investigated, imagine the file has bad data patched in after a certain point. not hard to do, but wasteful.

also - the quote in your sig? i believe the original form of it is Dante’s.

Thx for telling me who i am quotting. I finished deus ex and i liked the last sentence of the game but i didn’t retain the author’s name.

actually it was john milton who said that

Those files are some inserted into the various file sharing applications by people who’d like others to stop sharing. Truth be told,I don’t think it’s enough to stop them,like a garbage can in the road,you know you can get around it… :cool:

I have found these in some tracks too!

I thought this was copy protection. Is it?

In all the mp3 of Beyonce Knowle’s “Crazy in Love” I have got, it has this. I have downloaded 5 different versions! That is why I thought it was copy protection!

Originally posted by Cotocat
actually it was john milton who said that

duh - thought it was from divine comedy for some odd reason. //hates milton :wink:

i’ve had that problem too soo i just usually download a cersion with only 1 or 2 mirrors. if you download from a single user you’re more likely to get a good file.

Originally posted by Serpeant
[B]I have found these in some tracks too!

I thought this was copy protection. Is it?

In all the mp3 of Beyonce Knowle’s “Crazy in Love” I have got, it has this. I have downloaded 5 different versions! That is why I thought it was copy protection! [/B]

Not copy protection.

What happens is users who don’t like mp3 sharing, take the already ripped mp3 and insert white noise after about 30 sec.

So the size is kept the same and teh first 30 sec. are as well and people don’t know and pass it around.

Keep looking as you will find a good copy, some of the newer music has been currupted.

The idea is based off of Napsters coocoo eggs, instead of white noise yo got a coocoo (stupid).

Originally posted by audiocopy

What happens is users who don’t like mp3 sharing, take the already ripped mp3 and insert white noise after about 30 sec.

I don’t think the majority of ppl would know the gut matters and therefore wouldn’t do it deliberately.

It’s not average people, it’s the record companies mate.

Don’t forget I am in the music industy, so I know what’s going on.

They see mp3 trading as “stealing”, so with newer releases that everyone wants they’ve targeted Kazza. As I said it began with the coco on Napster.

Some of the artists will stick in messages cussing at you, like Madonna did - the adding in white noise is easier. That just started this year it isn’t currupted mp3s, just edited.

It’s not average people, it’s the record companies mate.

Some rec companies do it deliberately, yes. But there’s nothing new in that.

I know was just commenting about what you said above about people not doing it delibratly.

… you said above about people not doing it delibratly.
I meant common p2p surfers, answering you on this :

What happens is users who don’t like mp3 sharing,
take the already ripped mp3 and insert white noise after about 30 sec.

Mate, those, who don’t want to share their music, simply don’t bother sharing it.
And those who care of spending the time on inserting noise in MP3s are just mentally ill creatures.

OK sorry misunderstood your reply.

Yes I agree, only record companies bother with that crap.

i figured the reccord company set up servers to “provide” songs to kazaa members. so when u thought u were downloading from some punk kid in some random place u were downloading from a server in new mexico or something. and instead of putting the real file they either put in screeches or they made the whole thing screeches and when you downloaded from multiple sources you’d get part of the real song and part of a screech.

but i don’t know about that one anymore… it seems like they are either placed at random times during the song or (like most of the nirvana songs i downloaded) the screeches started right with the words. " come as you sssccrrrrreeeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeech!!!"

that seems a little unlikely too. they probly made a program that put in screeches in random places or where the program think the chorus is.

Originally posted by toothpick
[B]i figured the reccord company set up servers to “provide” songs to kazaa members. so when u thought u were downloading from some punk kid in some random place u were downloading from a server in new mexico or something. and instead of putting the real file they either put in screeches or they made the whole thing screeches and when you downloaded from multiple sources you’d get part of the real song and part of a screech.

but i don’t know about that one anymore… it seems like they are either placed at random times during the song or (like most of the nirvana songs i downloaded) the screeches started right with the words. " come as you sssccrrrrreeeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeech!!!"

that seems a little unlikely too. they probly made a program that put in screeches in random places or where the program think the chorus is. [/B]

It’s something like that, the RIAA is working overtime :frowning:

they are i read it in the newspaper its not protection. networks that detect corruption automatically dont have that problem like kazaa does. Networks that have ICH (inteligent corruption handling): ed2k (useless for songs), gneutella withe the shareaza client (ed2k, gneutella 1/2, bit torent). i set up a lik to the download site on my sire http://legalreactor.topcities.com as i do not know what link is off hand.