Problems with Ricoh D01-67

Hi i am trying to burn xbox 360 backups with this ricoh media, the discs are MBI branded.

I am using IMGBurn and CloneCD.

I burned 2 successfully with IMGburn and my Samsung 203N. I went to burn the same image with the same media and burner and coaster 3 discs. I also tried on my Pioneer 212D.

Any ideas?

Perhaps it is a spindle of defective media.

For 360 backups dont use anything less then Verbatim DVD+R DL as their the most compatible and have less coaster rates. Also are you setting the correct layer break within image burn ?

Well the 360’s are reading the properly burned discs without a problem.

I am using the ones in the .dvd file. It is like 1,913,760.

The coaster rate shouldnt be that high on these, people seem to think the RICOHJPN-D01-67 are respectable discs.

Well for a kick off my 360 will not read anything but the Verbatim +r dual layers. ive had soo many diff dual layers trying to get cheaper but end of the day verbs all the way and im sure alot of other people will say the same Verbatims all the way soo much less hassle loads more compatability and youve had 3 coasters in the ricoahs could possibly be fake media not sure . but id deffinately go for some Verbatim +R DL

i have a tonne of verbatim dvd+r DL’s, i just would prefer to use these for the printing abilities. I mean if i can’t get these to work i will go back to the verbs, but i was just looking for some insight on why i was coastering so many discs.

I just called the place i got them from, he said he has sold over 15000 discs without 1 complaint. I am leaning towards a defective spindle.

Its the compatability of them in general i think verbs use something called inverted stack method But youre writer will be coastering the ricohs cos their not as good duals as the verbs

AHA found this thread have a look see

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1278831-post20.html

Many thanks, i really appreciate the help.

I am looking at that article right now.

i have some Ricohjpn dual layer disks and my 203B has just coasterd it big time so id go back to Verbs even if you get a cheaper dual layer to burn and work not telling how much stress its causing on the 360 or how long theyll last so really you’re wasting money i learnt this :slight_smile:

cool… yeah i guess i will have to use those verbs instead…

It’s such a shame though the print quality on these are amazing. Verbatim just needs to make a glossy dvd+r dl hub printable disc and i’ll be set.

marcus, what firmware do you use on you SH203b’s?

[QUOTE=drakore;1942337]
The coaster rate shouldnt be that high on these, people seem to think the RICOHJPN-D01-67 are respectable discs.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ…not on my drives they’re not. :wink:

Verbatim all the way for me, as DL are expensive enough to risk coasterdom.

[QUOTE=drakore;1942383]marcus, what firmware do you use on you SH203b’s?[/QUOTE]

SB00 on one and SB01 on another

@arachne them disks would burn on the 182 but they wouldnt play back on the 360 :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=marcus_667;1942427]SB00 on one and SB01 on another

@arachne them disks would burn on the 182 but they wouldnt play back on the 360 :wink: :p[/QUOTE]

SB01 on mine :wink:

Yeah, kinda same here - the 182 would complete a burn fine, as would my Litey 165P6S, but neither would play back on a standalone after the layer break - and my standalone’s really forgiving :wink:

sigh read my orange letters on the sig again arachne :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=marcus_667;1942434]sigh read my orange letters on the sig again arachne :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=drakore;1942364]cool… yeah i guess i will have to use those verbs instead…

It’s such a shame though the print quality on these are amazing. Verbatim just needs to make a glossy dvd+r dl hub printable disc and i’ll be set.[/QUOTE]

Do they have to be hub printable as verbatim do make photo printable +R DL discs just not full face ones.

yea i was looking at those… they are like 3$ a piece… may be worth getting considering i am spending about 6$ for these discs to get 1 good disc out… The games i have given out dont seem to have an issue after the layer break… i am still waiting for some comfirmation though.

I am doing some more testing tonight on another computer, but the guy has agreed to give me a refund.

If i could get these working then my 360 backups would look amazing. Damm you MBI/Ricoh D01-67

[QUOTE=Arachne;1942416]I beg to differ…not on my drives they’re not. :wink:

Verbatim all the way for me, as DL are expensive enough to risk coasterdom.[/QUOTE]

Ricoh’s own made version is ok on most drives. But won’t safe you much money compared to verbatim.

The MBIL version and Ritek versions are more hit and miss. I think you got a poor batch. Also I’m not sure about the combination of samsung + MBIL ricoh’s.

By the way you said MBI branded are you from india ??? Because as far as I know MBIL only sells there own branded stuff in India. COuld be grey import.

Incorrect inversed stack is ricoh’s technique for manufacturing dual layer media.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;1942458]Ricoh’s own made version is ok on most drives. But won’t safe you much money compared to verbatim.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Mine are Ritek-made.

The ritek ones are probably the most hit and miss ones.
Infact I’ve seen a hongkong fake which was more consistant as what riteks put on the market.
However in riteks defense a lot of dual layer Ritek media out there on the market isn’t what Ritek calls A-grade.