Problems with Remake 3 (DVDs freezing)

I’m having a problem using DVD Remake 3 (the latest version 3.1.4).

Whenever I attempt to make changes to a disc (remove stuff, etc.) before backing it up, the disc freezes in my set-top player. I can usually get to the menu, but when I attempt to play movies, they just freeze.

Example: Rain Main R1 (not the Special Edition).

This DVD has both Widescreen and Fullscreen in a seperate VTS. When you put the original disc in, an aspect ratio menu comes up for you to choose. I only want the Widescreen, so I hide all the blocks in the VTS for the Fullscreen. Then I hide the aspect ratio menu and change the commands to go to the Widescreen VTS.

After exporting the DVD, it works fine in WinDVD. But when I play it back in my set-top JVC DVD player, the menu comes up, but it it just freezes when I attempt to play the movie. I have to power off the DVD player to get it stop just sitting there.

I figure I’m either doing something wrong, or my DVD player is the problem.

But then I tried version 2.5.3 and everything works fine. The movie plays without any problems…there’s no freezing at all.

So I tried it again in the newest version, making sure to do exactly what I did when using 2.5.3. Same thing happens again. The disc just freezes in my player when attempting to play the movie.

This is really starting to irritate me. Why would some random version that I found on the internet (2.5.3) work fine, but the latest version that I actually paid for (3.1.4) not work?

Try to export disk without editing (just hide part of the movie so that you can burn it and test). If it does work then we will need some more info from you to see what is going on. Please use this application: http://cdr-zone.com/forum/about1025.html to extract nav-packs from disk edited with 2.5.3 and 3.1.4 zip each prepared directory and email to us: dvdremake at dimadsoft.com We will also need to know where edited menu was located (VTS/PGC)

Ok, I did the export without editing, and it played fine in my set-top player. So I’ll go ahead and do the navpacks and send them to you.

Ops. Sorry it was a typo.

Try to export disk without editing (just hide part of the movie so that you can burn it and test). If it does not work then we will need some more info from you to see what is going on.

If non editied export plays fine then freezing must be due to the editing. Can you provide more info on what was edited (some screenshots and/or IFO files will help).

Ok, I sent an email with all the details. I included a zip file containing IFOs for the original DVD, the version edited with 2.5.3, and the version edited with 3.1.4.

Thanks for files. Hard to tell what might be wrong.

As we can see you edit only first set of menus. Not good idea. Either delete other or edit them as well.

Do you have “autobypass” enabled? It will speed up playback through hidden parts.

Can you do some tests?

Just import, hide part of the movie (so that it fits to DVD5), export and burn to RW. Does it work?
Try bypassing selection menu as described here: http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremakepro/guide_ht_bypass_menu.php (add cell command, etc). Does it work?

Use dvd shrink 3.2 to remove parts of the movie you can use re author in dvd shrink to merg movies even