Problems with reading dvds

vbimport

I have not had problems with any movies until now. I am trying to copy “Over her dead body” and “Sleepwalking”. Both tell me that they can not be read. I have tried them in full disk, custom, main movie, and clone…with no luck.

Any ideas??

Do the movies [U]play[/U] in Windows Media Player or Power DVD ?

Do the movies [U]play[/U] on a stand alone player ?

Are the movies dirty (fingerprints or scratches ) ?

Are you having problems with all DVDs or just these two ?

Is “Pathplayer” enabled ?

[QUOTE=Psycho6;2122433]Do the movies [U]play[/U] in Windows Media Player or Power DVD ?

Do the movies [U]play[/U] on a stand alone player ?

Are the movies dirty (fingerprints or scratches ) ?

Are you having problems with all DVDs or just these two ?

Is “Pathplayer” enabled ?[/QUOTE]

They do play in the stand alone player and in the WMP. I have cleaned them, they don’t appear to have any deep scratches, I have copied dvds in worse condition. These are the only ones I have had problems with. I have been coping dvd for several months and have done LOTS of them with no issues. I am not sure what the “pathplayer” is…If you can tell me, I will check to see if it was!

When it starts to read them, it takes forever then comes up with a box that says i can retry, about,ect…I have tried every option, but it always comes back with the same thing…that is cant read it…

nifner,

You can check “Pathplayer” in the Common Settings.
(Green Check in top Right Corner of DVDFab)

On the Left choose DVD / Pathplayer… [U] always enabled[/U]

[QUOTE=Psycho6;2122451]nifner,

You can check “Pathplayer” in the Common Settings.
(Green Check in top Right Corner of DVDFab)

On the Left choose DVD / Pathplayer… [U] always enabled[/U][/QUOTE]

Ok I changed it to “always enabled”…tried it again…still gives me “error while reading” hmmmm…it doesnt even sound right when it is trying to read it…like it is not turning smoothly…it is crazy because I can watch it! Both movies do the same thing, but I just copied another movie while searching for a solution for these…

Moved to the ‘Copy Movie’ forum.

nifner,

Sorry I was not able to solve your problem. :frowning:

Check back a little later, there are others here that know

far more than I. Somone will be able to help.

Post a burn log… so the others have more info to go on.

[QUOTE=Psycho6;2122470]nifner,

Sorry I was not able to solve your problem. :frowning:

Check back a little later, there are others here that know

far more than I. Somone will be able to help.

Post a burn log… so the others have more info to go on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help! I will continue to search for a solution!

I was trying to get the burn log, but since it never got that for the log is empty…sighhhhh LOL
Thanks again!!

You could try a piece of software called “EMSA DiskCheck” if small and freeware and scans your discs for unreadable sectors. It’s not all that thorough in my opinion but an alternative could be DVD Decrypter (which is also freeware) which is a better copier than some give it credit (it can skip unreadable sectors).

• ISOBuster is the best disc recovery software but it takes time and isn’t free!