Problems with PSX games

vbimport

First of all, thanks for everyone's help w/ my last post, especially snv202. Has anyone had problems copying South Park Rally? Specifically, I got the game copied, but the game intro (theme song) doesn't work, and I've only got about half the sounds that the game normally has. Has anyone had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

My son told me we don’t have the theme song either.But the game play fine . Did you ever find 4.0.7.0 ? I sent it but it got returned. it said service unavailable?I have it on cd.

[This message has been edited by snv202 (edited 26 January 2000).]

Yeah, I got it. But not until just yesterday, and I actually got it to burn using Adaptec on Friday, so I haven’t tried it with Nero yet. The game works fine, it just doesn’t have all the sounds (can’t hear other racers, etc). Thanks again for the program.

I assume you are using either a mod chip or the plug mod? www.plugmod.com

I know that if you don’t the copied games don’t work.

Yep, I’ve got a plug-mod. Never had any problems with other games like this one. To be honest, I was amazed that Adaptec worked for this at all; maybe I’ll try Nero and see if that works any better…

In my experiance with copying PSX games I’ve noticed that all progies failed some time! Except WinOnCd! Even a friend of my who has a business in Copied PSX games sais to use WOC!!! Succes garantied!
L8rz…!

Thanks, Wookie. Is WinOnCD really that good? I haven’t heard much about it. I’ve got Nero, Adaptec (not installed now), and CDRWin. How many proggies do I need???

I’ve always used CDRWin, never any real problems unless the origional is scratched up, but the boys at Sony are getting wise and bringing all sorts of strange protection, any tips on how to backup Medievil?

Hi

CDRWIN is just the best program for burning psx-games (unless you can use Clonecd).
If the sounds “jumps”, try burning at a lower speed. A PSX-laser isn’t as strong as a cd-player lens. Burn at 2x or 1x
MEDIEVEL: You’ll need a patch…then it will work just fine

Greetz Liquidsky

Hi

CDRWIN is just the best program for burning psx-games (unless you can use Clonecd).(WinOncd => sometimes coasters, but normally it will do the job as well)
If the sounds “jumps”, try burning at a lower speed. A PSX-laser isn’t as strong as a cd-player lens. Burn at 2x or 1x
MEDIEVEL: You’ll need a patch…then it will work just fine

Greetz Liquidsky

Thanks for the help, Liquid. The problems I had were when I was using Adaptec, and I’ve got CDRWin now, so it should work fine. Thanks for the help.

You must use a boot up disc with lots of audio tracks on it to get all the audio from your backup PSX disc.
Nero and Direct CD don’t work at all well together on the same system. DCD and nero will give you ‘Blue’ error screens and lock ups of burn for only a few seconds then fail.

visit www.aqik1.co.uk for cdrwin & nero setup & info