Problems with prodisc F01 and S04 on External 1633, and benq1620

vbimport

well i am going to focus on the 1633 first.

I “borrowed” a retail external liteon 1633 from my local retail chain (although walmart is my favorite! damn conservatives)

while burning prodisc f01 and s04 R- disks, it would burn, fail during the verification(about 70% through) and plain act weird. When I went to test the disks, the buttens on dvd speed were greyed out, it said the disk was empty. Visually inspecting the disk showed mulitiple burn lines.

Now the problem I have had in my benq, is that the F01’s show a gross amount of PIE on the last 10-20% ranging 400-1000. Now I ignored the benq on this because i know a high pie score doesnt mean the cd is coasterd.
Both the druves had problems with the s04 and havent gotten a single bad one yet.

Upstairs in my house i have a 8x external Pacific digital I borrowed to test with. I had no problem with a Lacie(NEC) 8x drive i borowed with this media.

And I really hope it is not the media at fault. I have somewhere around 300-400 discs, maybe more. And I might revert to returning them to the seller, if i am within 60 days warranty (i must pay ship) either way i lose money.

IF you care at all. I will be running a test with a new retail 1633 internal which i paid for, got a great deal 58$ shipped and that pacific digital too.

Thanks for reading, I guess I have now joined the liteon club
:bigsmile:

neither of those media are any good…

for the liteon, likely, your only hope is to play with stategy swaps using omnipatcher. others can reccomend which ones, as i am brand new to liteon.

for the benq, i would try try fw B7S9. itwas specifically designed for inferior media and it officially supports both those media at 12x. http://dvdpro.club.st/firmware/BenQ_Fw.htm#1620_clone

good luck, and next time buy better media…