Problems with Plextor 24x

vbimport

I just got mz new plextor 24x burner. And I must saz I’m not very pleased yet.
Whenever I try brning an audio cd at 16x or higher I get a buffer underrun right after the lead in.
Udma 33 is activated on the burner and hard-drive, and i get an average speed of 25mb/sec from the partitation I burn from.
I’ts a pretty new ibm drive…
I also tried defragmenting but that didn help either.
Oh yeah, and feurio shows only 2338k as the recorder buffer,
isn’t the plex supposed to have 4mb.
It has the tla#0101 and the prolem appears with both firmware 1.01 and 1.02, and both with nero and feurio.
It’s as if the drive is busted somehow…
Cause 12x works fine… and I have enough data throughput for burning 24x. I even have overkill.

Can anybody help me? I’m thankfull for any comment.

The speed of your computer also cuases buffer problems. The slower the MHZ, the slower you will have to burn.

Example: a PentiumPro 200 cannot burn any faster than 8X reliabily. Hell, it can’t burn 8x consistantly. It doesn’t have burn-proof but you get my point.

Well that sucks…
I have a P3 500…
I used to burn 8 speed on a 200… those were the days… when plex made scsi drives…

IDE sucks as*!

I bet if the drive were scsi I could burn easily

Do your cds support 16x or higher? If not, then that it why you are having problems

For those interested…
After trying all those things mentioned in my first post…
I decided to try the drive in different computers…

First in another p3 500 with windows me… In which I had exactly the same problem.

Then in my freinds pc: p3 750 and scsi hd windows 2000…
It was even worse, he couln’t even burn 12x…

He mentioned a freind of his having the same problem, and it disappearing after upgrading to windows xp…

I don’t have win xp so I dug out my old win98 se… and guess what… burning 16x worked like a charm, exept that in win98 a lot more recources were used…lol

I’m upgrading to win xp soon, so then I can test further… but at least I know (think) my drive is not busted and I don’t have to call plextor…

What conclusion I draw from this: Never trust Microsoft
(as if we all don’t know that yet)

PS: I still don’t know exatly what caused this exept somthing to do with windows 2000 and me.