Problems with playback withDvdFab 5

I think I have succeeded in copying my dvd on my laptop, however, it won’t playback. I have media player and acer arcade to play dvds, is there another product I need? Hate to ask but is there a step by step instruction manual on how to playback if I’m doiong this wrong?
please let me know
thanks
Jason

If you succeded in copying it to your harddrive it should play with media player, nothing special needed to play it.

You can also try vlc : http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

When I play it back now, the picture is ok but there is no soound, and I get a message that says audio format is not supported by the current application. Would you like to play back with Acer Arcade? when I click ok it just takes me back to the Video TS menu without playing the sound. Do I need more equipment?

[QUOTE=jhsif12;2161761]When I play it back now, the picture is ok but there is no soound, and I get a message that says audio format is not supported by the current application. Would you like to play back with Acer Arcade? when I click ok it just takes me back to the Video TS menu without playing the sound. Do I need more equipment?[/QUOTE]

You probably are missing necessary codecs.
Recommend that you try VLC as bean55 suggested.
There’s a link in his post ^ and a link in my sig as well.

VLC does not rely on external codecs…it’s free, easy and will play darn near anything…:wink:

Media player probably needs drivers/codec’s for audio.

Try using the vlc player, it’s free and has all the drivers/codecs needed and see if that works for you.

[QUOTE=bean55;2161763]Media player probably needs drivers/codec’s for audio.

Try using the vlc player, it’s free and has all the drivers/codecs needed and see if that works for you.[/QUOTE]
Hi bean…great minds think alike, huh?..:rolleyes::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=maineman;2161765]Hi bean…great minds think alike, huh?..:rolleyes::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

:slight_smile: seems that way :bigsmile:

Good products have many followers :iagree:

I appreciate the response, sorry about the dual messages, (kind of new at posting) that download did work, but there’s one more problem, when I go to mske a new dvd my laptop doesn’t recognize when I put in a blank dvd it spits it out and asks for a blank one, I use maxwell, why would it do this and how do I fix it?
please let me know
thanks

Could be several reasons , Need more info.
What model is the laptop ?
What type of maxell disc: - or + , single or Dual ?

You can try this first:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

And get back to us with the added info