Problems with NHL 2004

Has anyone had any success backing up NHL 2004? I’m kind of confused with this new game. Both CD’s are reported as SafeDisk v2 and the game will not play with the backed up disk 2. I had made previous backups like Raven Shield that are SafeDisk 2.8 without any problems on my LiteOn, so I don’t know what is going on. :confused:

U burn speed max 12x I advise 4x

I don’t understand. I should burn at 4x instead of 12x?

Well it should also work on 12x but i advise to use 4x

OK, I will try it. But I don’t know why this is happening to this game. Strange.

Nope still not working. I get this message “nhl2004.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”

Are u able to run it from virtual drive ?

No, it asks me to insert the correct CD Rom. Hmm… Could this game have blacklisted A120% somehow?

It is safedisc 2.9 or something like this so NO

I guess it’s not possible with NHL 2004. I even tried Disk Dump and Fireburner without any success. ClonyXXL shows it’s SafeDisk v2 but is it 2.8 or 2.9 exactly or something else? What could this be? Hmmm… :frowning:

CloneCD virtual drive installed on your system? An old version of alcohol? An old version of Daemon Tools?

Any of these could cause blacklisting problems with sd 2.9. [note that ccd virtual drive is installed by default and blacklist is effective even if ccd vd inactive]

Trying to copy a copy rather than an original? No guarantee with sd 2.9 (unlike previous safedisc versions).

Trying to run the game from a drive other than the installation drive? Most (all?) EA games are hotwired to run only from installation drive (unless you edit the registry).

Trying to run the game from a writer without an atip hiding utility? Nuff said.

What type of liteon do you have? NHL 2004 is probably protected by sd 2.9. 24x liteons and lower can’t burn this safedisc; firmware upgrade doesn’t help.

Originally posted by philamber
[B]CloneCD virtual drive installed on your system? An old version of alcohol? An old version of Daemon Tools?

Any of these could cause blacklisting problems with sd 2.9. [note that ccd virtual drive is installed by default and blacklist is effective even if ccd vd inactive]

Trying to copy a copy rather than an original? No guarantee with sd 2.9 (unlike previous safedisc versions).

Trying to run the game from a drive other than the installation drive? Most (all?) EA games are hotwired to run only from installation drive (unless you edit the registry).

Trying to run the game from a writer without an atip hiding utility? Nuff said. [/B]

I have CloneCD 4.2.0.2 installed and Alcohol 120% 1.4.0 (Build 103). I never used Daemon Tools before. Assuming there is a blacklist on CCD or A120% with this game, would uninstalling the app(s) get rid of the blacklist and maybe run my backup?

Originally posted by Andareed
What type of liteon do you have? NHL 2004 is probably protected by sd 2.9. 24x liteons and lower can’t burn this safedisc; firmware upgrade doesn’t help.

It’s in my sig :slight_smile: Lite-On LTR-48246S

>Assuming there is a blacklist on CCD or A120% with this game, would uninstalling the app(s) get rid of the blacklist and maybe run my backup?

Your writer should be able to cope with sd 2.9 but unless you did a custom install of ccd, you’ve installed its virtual drive which is blacklisted.

Uninstall ccd and if you want it on your system do a custom re-install without the vd.

You’re also using an old version of alcohol and it too may be subject to blacklisting. Update to the latest version.

WOO HOOO!!! :bigsmile: I got it to work. I uninstalled CCD. I guess that was the culprit. So my burner is still up there with the rest of them. :cool:

Yes folks - NHL 2004 only runs, if you uninstall CCD !!! What a swindle - I paid for both, but I can’t use together …

:frowning: :Z

You can install clonecd, just make sure you use custom and don’t install virtual drive.

That’s just morally wrong. Next thing you know they will be blacklisting other games just so you only have one type of genre to play at a time.

Well this they can’t do :stuck_out_tongue: