Problems with NeverWinterNights

vbimport

Am having wired issues with this game. I burned it with a liteon 40x and reading i used the liteon DVD using securom new settings.(Max speed for reading and Max speed for writing-Latest version of CCD)

Now here it goes! The games works fine on my computer but it will not work on any other machine... well i tried it on a machine that had a liteon cdrom 52x and another machine that had a toshiba drive none of em would start the game :confused:

so i give my friend the original and he try it to copy it with his liteon 24x whatever speed he tried and he tried a lot of em 12x 8x 4 x it would not work on any machine he tried it on besides mine but am the only one with the liteon DVD.

Are we doing something wrong and if we do why does it work on my machine we also used deamon tools and the game starts fine now comes the wire part if he uses deamon tools on his machine the only way he can start the game is by enabling both securon and savedisk whyyyyyyy??? :eek: and no he is not using his burner for the game!

Sorry for the long post guys but this one is driving me crazy like Empire earth did!

Any suggestion, ideas???

Thanks in advance! :bigsmile:

hey guys here is another twist to this case!

i tried burning at 12x(memorex media) and the copy had the same results i can play it on mine but not at my friends 2 machines BUT when i used different media TDK and burned at 12x the copy worked on every single machine! wth is going on!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by DrQ
…we also used deamon tools and the game starts fine now comes the wire part if he uses deamon tools on his machine the only way he can start the game is by enabling both securon and savedisk whyyyyyyy??? :eek:
If emu is required in D-Tools, then the image is not RAW. A correctly read image does not need emu :wink:

DrQ, try using the standard game cd profile and write at 8x. This works for me with every securerom new title I’ve tried with my Ltr-24102B.

(Btw, FutureProof, do you really have a licensed copy of cremator?:Z I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that it came bundled with one of your writers and that you weren’t silly enough to actually buy and install it.:bigsmile: )

Originally posted by philamber
Btw, FutureProof, I’ll assume that it came bundled with one of your writers and that you weren’t silly enough to actually buy and install it.:bigsmile: )
Correct. Came with the TDK 40x (I promptly sold the TDK, btw :wink: )

Thanks guys i never used deamon tools before i thought you had had to enable the emulation for the game to work doh! i:rolleyes:

am loving deamon tools i had no idea they were that good now when i go to lan parties i dont have to take the originals with me he he… :bow:

Originally posted by DrQ
…when i go to lan parties i dont have to take the originals with me he he… :bow:
Who takes originals? They stay at home in the box! I have a dedicated, fast 60GB, defragged LAN disk, hehe