Problems with nero - slow & errors

vbimport

hi
i have nero & i didn’t had problems before… i burnt a dvd in 20 min
but now it takes more than an hour… & verification failed every time.
i tried different files - the same problem.
what to do?
thx

You don’t give much detail (what model burner, what brand of discs and attempted burn speed etc).

So have you tried making sure DMA is enabled for all your drives? See the link in my sig for details.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2116114]You don’t give much detail (what model burner, what brand of discs and attempted burn speed etc).

So have you tried making sure DMA is enabled for all your drives? See the link in my sig for details.[/QUOTE]

i have a dell 1520 laptop
the burner is the default:
TSSTcorp DVD±RW TS-L632A ATA Device
the media is FORTIS DVD-R X16

OK, check DMA as advised above. Also, the Fortis media isn’t the best, so after this problem is fixed you might like to choose something better quality.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2116194]OK, check DMA as advised above. Also, the Fortis media isn’t the best, so after this problem is fixed you might like to choose something better quality.[/QUOTE]

i already chcked it, it’s fine. but it’s not burning it good…
:frowning:

Current Transfer Mode is UDMA Mode x (where x is a number) for all your drives? None of them say Current Transfer Mode = PIO Mode?

If that all checks out, my money is on the media - try some Verbatim or Sony. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2116219]Current Transfer Mode is UDMA Mode x (where x is a number) for all your drives? None of them say Current Transfer Mode = PIO Mode?

If that all checks out, my money is on the media - try some Verbatim or Sony. :)[/QUOTE]

UDMA is checked for the main IDE channel.
at device manager in the dvdrw properties i don’t have any udma field…
for any drive… only for the main channel.

[QUOTE=Perek;2116254]UDMA is checked for the main IDE channel.
at device manager in the dvdrw properties i don’t have any udma field…
for any drive… only for the main channel.[/QUOTE]

this is not the issue here
i took a different media & nero crashed.
i uninstalled it & reinstalled it & it went ok until i began to burn & it crashed again.