Problems with my Yamaha 20/10/40

I have a yamaha burner the 20x/10/40 and whenever i try to burn a cd the buffer level is always at 1 or 2 percent anyone know anyway to fix this. I dont run any other programs when i burn and have a 650 mhz comp with 256 megs of ram and the new drive has bufferunderrun i have no clue how to fix this buffer problem

Is your DMA set? (What OS are you using?)
Do you have other programs running in the background?

i dont know if my DMA is set but im runnning win2k with 6 gigs free of 15 and 300 plus megs of ram

You can try the DMA settings.
Turn off the antivirus program in the background and everything that is not essential to the burn session. Some services you will not be able to turn off thru task manager.

Another thing you can try is to defragment the drive, clear out the temp folders, and see what the cpu usage is, if it is spiking near the top, something is it eating processor time all up. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by manta360
i dont know if my DMA is set but im running win2k with 6 gigs free of 15 and 300 plus megs of ram

Goto your controlpanel -> system and goto you Device Manager. Then choose properties of one of both IDE Channels!

Click for bigger picture.

What prog are you using to burn, could that be the problem??? Also it could be worth checking the aspilayer on the system is the most current.

Try this site
www.aspi4all.com

are you doing a “on the fly” copy?
if yes can be a low speed reading problem
(eg reader at lowest speed than writer=using burn-proof with
empty-buffers)

try to use your hd as source

:slight_smile: