Problems with my SN-S082D drive

hi i have just bought a laptop with a SN-S082D dvd drive in it, the problems i have are it makes really bad noises sometimes and wont read some software whether it is a bought program or not,the drive disapeared when i tried to rip a disk and i had to restart the laptop to get it back

bump

Hi and Welcome!

So it is brand new and under warranty?

the problems i have are it makes really bad noises sometimes and wont read some software whether it is a bought program or not,the drive disapeared when i tried to rip a disk and i had to restart the laptop to get it back
Then contact the vendor of your laptop and have it serviced under warranty.

Michael
P.S. There is no need to bump a post. :cop:

hi sorry about the bump,i was hoping not to have to send it back as it will take ages as it was bought mail order i was hoping there was something i could do to sort it out. i gather samsung drives arn’t very good i had a faulty combo years ago i probably wouldn’t of bought the laptop if i’d known it had a samsung drive

also when i look at device manager ,properties,volumes and try to populate it i get volume information unavailable do i need a disk in the drive for this

can any of these probs be sorted out without sending it back

Hi,

the severe reading problems described in your initial post are reason enough to have the drive serviced. You might contact the notebook manufacturer in order to see if there are other service options than sending back to the vendor.

Michael

Michael