Problems with my px-716a. help please!

vbimport

Hey guys. Ok recently my burner has been having problems doing this crazy up and down slide on my buffer underun with Nero and DVD decrypter. I ran the new firmware and nothing helped. So I installed some older firmwares tryin to see if that would fix it. Looked around couldn’t see anything really helpful. Well now the drive doesn’t even recognize blank dvd-r’s. I put it in and the Amber light blinks once and thats it. Anyone have any idea if maybe my burner just died? Or if theres some program I can use to check to make sure its still running correctly? I have the Plexttools they provided…But theres no real diagnostic on it it looks like. It won’t recognize blanks when I put them in so I can’t do read cd tests. Any information or help would be appreciated!

Welcome to CDFreaks!

First, check your DMA and make sure its Ultra DMA Mode 4 (UDMA4). Troubleshooting: Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows XP, 2000, Me, 9x

If that doesn’t help, then run the Self Diagnostic Test using a recommended media (Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim). This is from the FAQ: I think my Plextor drive is defective. How can I make sure?

Also some encrytions do this on purpose! Try DVDFAB free copy to rip it to your HD! Then manually set your buffers in nero and decrypter. Good luck!