Since two weeks i own a Pioneer DVR-106 burner, but i had alot of problems with it. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to get it working properly.
Let me explain..
First the specs of my box;
AMD Athlon 1400mhz
386 MB DDR Memory (266mhz)
ASUS A7M266 MOBO
ASUS Geforce 4 MX460
Promise Ultra100TX2 IDE-controller
Intel NIC (100mbit)
2 x 80 GIG MAXTOR/IBM HD
Pioneer DVD-106S DVD-ROM
Plextor 1610A CD-Rewriter
Pioneer DVR-106D DVD-Rewriter
Since the day i bought my DVR-106, i havent burned a single GOOD DVD-Copy. I get all sorts of errors like;
-Stalling/Hanging during burn
-Lowsy Burnspeeds (1x hardly possible)
-Lowsy DVD read speads (2xmax)
I desperately tried all sorts of things to get it working properly. To achieve this i tried the following;
- Trying diff. slave/master/cableselect modes on mobo-ide busses
- Trying " on the Promise controller (no boot/crashes very often)
- Reinstall windows XP
- Latest aspi/via bus master tools/updates etc.
- Latest burning apps (nero 18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124, Record Now Max/DX 4.5/4.61, latest pxengine, CloneDVD 126.96.36.199, DVD Decrypter, etc.)
- Diff. Media (Princo, Datatrack, Ritekg04, Nasua)
Nohting worked.. still coasters only
So as i last try i hooked it in my dad's P3-677, and suddenly it works great. It seems to burn everything at all speeds and on all media. Which is nice, BUT i would just like to use my own system since its alot faster...
Any ideas about what i could look at/for on my system? Help appreciated