Problems with my Nu Tech ddw082 drive

I bought this drive in May at newegg.com. It has been working great and I was very happy with that purchase. Now though I am having too many prblems with it. First it would freeze up during dvd burning but I fixed that with the lates firmware. Now though It wont read any CDRoms. I tried it with all my games and none of them would work and it ould freeze up my computer. The thing is that it does work reading DVD and CD-R’s. Any thoughts from you guys as to what would be the problem and hox can I possibly fix it. I have a an extra ribbon cable should I try to switch them out?

Thanks.

Details are scarce, but it soulds like a software/driver issue. How about providing a list of all burning-related software and also your IDE drivers?

I have the latest Nero and Alcohol 120% whichj I dont even remember installing. Should I unistall that? Oh and about the IDE drivers, How do I figure them out? I have windows XP Pro and its a Compaq.

Try to swith to the other cable you have free in your computer

Well I uninstalled Alcohol 120 and some Windows HigMat thing and I swithced the cable and now it seems to work fine. Maybe it was the cable since it was a few inches too long and i had to twist itt.
Thanks

Nevermind the problem is still occuring. It loads the cd fine but very slow and it makes this wierd click noise from dvdrw.

That sound like a hardware problem, is your dvd burner working fine wint dvd’s?

yeah it play the dvd’s fine but the quality of them seem a little down whenever there is alot of movemnet. Theres alot of little horizontal lines.

anyone else? I been looking and searching thorugh google.com and I still cant find a solution as to what is wrong with it.

nu drives are very bad i threw mine in the trash bin…if you can rma it i would.

Yeah im going to have to rma that sucker. Damn I should have gone with NEC :frowning:

I had my ddw082 for 2 years now and I have not had ONE single coaster with it, I probably burned 150-200 DVD’s on it so far.

Have you tries to clean the drive inside? they do get dirty.