Problems with my liteon

i have the liteon dual format dvdrw drive (So + and -), the ldw-400d. my problem is it is having lots of trouble reading cd’s. cd’s that i know work. ie a radeon 9700pro install disc, or an nforce2 install disc, or any burned cd. i looked on liteons site for a driver or firmware, and then i also looked on sonys, since the sony and liteon dual formats are the same. but no luck… so now i’m here. anybody have any suggestions?
oh, and my comp does recognize it as a liteon ldw-400d under disk manager.

win2k
liteon ldw-400d
asus a7n8x deluxe
i think that’s all the info you might need, ask if you need more. thanks

What IDE controller drive do you have installed? If it’s the Nforce driver, remove it and revert to the MS driver. might not fix you’re problem, but it’s a really crappy driver.

sorry, i should have mentioned that the ms driver is already installed, the following files:

c:\winnt\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys
c:\winnt\system32\drivers\redbook.sys
c:\winnt\system32\storprop.dll
File Version: 5.00.2165.1
Driver Date: 11/14/99

edit
sorry, i just realized you asked for the ide driver, the ide driver is also ms.

c:\winnt\system32\drivers\atapi.sys
c:\winnt\system32\storprop.dll
File Version: 5.00.2195.2247
Driver Date: 4/24/2001

any other suggestions?

I would uninstall/reinstall ide controller. And check DMA after.

ok, i’ll try that. dma is already set to ‘use if available’

oh yeah, i also emailed liteon a week ago, still no response.

Originally posted by n99
ok, i’ll try that. dma is already set to ‘use if available’

and what do the textboxes on the current mode say? PIO mode xxx or DMA mode xxx?

Originally posted by n99
oh yeah, i also emailed liteon a week ago, still no response.

Somehow this doesn’t surprise me :slight_smile:

i tried the reinstall of the driver, didn’t help. as for what the boxes say for current mode they say “ultra dma mode”

i also just updated to sp4 for win2k. still doesn’t work.

Originally posted by n99
i tried the reinstall of the driver, didn’t help. as for what the boxes say for current mode they say “ultra dma mode”

I had problems as well with ultra dma mode… when I switched to multiword dma (mode 2), my problems where over!

how do i change that, the only options that are available are ‘pio mode’ or ‘dma if available’

pls notice me

BUMP