Problems with my Liteon ldw401s dvdrw

When I boot my PC my dvdrw has the green light flash three times, this happens in a sequence of three.Can anyone help me as to what the flashing light may indicate. It doesn’t read or wright any media at all. Any help much appreciated.
Thanks and Regards rayzor58

[QUOTE=rayzor58;1936277]When I boot my PC my dvdrw has the green light flash three times, this happens in a sequence of three.Can anyone help me as to what the flashing light may indicate. It doesn’t read or wright any media at all. Any help much appreciated.
Thanks and Regards rayzor58[/QUOTE]

What version of firmware do you have and how old is the drive? Also what kinda cable do you have hooked to it and what is the jumper settings on it? Also what O/S are you using? Did you try to update the firmware yet?

I’m running windows xp home sp2, firmware??? how do i find what firmware I’m running? The drive is about 3 years old. Not real putta litterate here.

That is an old and “crappy” drive. I would buy a new one for 30 bucks.

[QUOTE=rayzor58;1936405]I’m running windows xp home sp2, firmware??? how do i find what firmware I’m running? The drive is about 3 years old. Not real putta litterate here.[/QUOTE]

Holy cow, a litey 401s huh?
My trusty old 401s has been sitting on the shelf for years…still worked when I retired the old timer…:iagree:
I believe this was liteon’s first dvd writer…:eek:
I got mine free, bundled with 321 studio’s old dvdxcopy…:bigsmile:

Anyway, I would try flashing it to ESOM…which, I believe is the “latest” firmware.
Here’s a link on Liteon’s site
or…
right here on cdf

I’m not sure of your budget constraints, but I’ll bet blank media for this drive is limited. I’d definitely buy a new drive if your interested in burning dvds.

There’s a link in my sig for nero cd-dvd speed. It’s a free utility and will provide lots of info like burner model, firmware, media ID, etc.

Crossflashing to 811S is the way to go :stuck_out_tongue: .

Try it in another PC, rayzor58, and if it does the same (and you don’t have an EEPROM backup), you’ll wan’t to replace it.

[QUOTE=Cressida;1936752][B]Crossflashing to 811S is the way to go[/B] :stuck_out_tongue: .

Try it in another PC, rayzor58, and if it does the same (and you don’t have an EEPROM backup), you’ll wan’t to replace it.[/QUOTE]

Really, are you serious?
I still have a true 811 and its my crappiest dvd burner… :bigsmile:

Hey guys just letting you all know I bit the bullet and got a new burner. Thanks for all the help.
Regards rayzor58