Problems with my Lite-On LTR-522465 52/24/52X CD-RW

hello, i’m currently having problems my Lite-On LTR-522465 52/24/52X CD-RW drive. i’m currently using nero 5.5 to burn my discs and am primarily using FujiFilm 700mb 48x CD-r’s. whenever i want to copy an original disc using the copy method in nero, the software says that the copying process went through succesfully but when i try to listen to my new disc, i don’t hear anything coming out of my cpu’s speaker nor my regular cd player. blank data was recorded on to it. also, when i try doing the same thing using easy creator 5 (with all the updates) it cuts out 3 secs from the end of the song. what’s going on? can anyone help?

You might (but it’s unlikely) have a bad batch of CD-Rs. Can you try a different brand just to be sure. Also try bringing the write speed down, to like 16X.

That drive is supposed to have excellent audio ripping/burning ability so it’s unlikely to be the drive unless you got unlucky and it’s an RMA case.

People will need more info on your configuartion to help you more.

Maybe you should try copying them as wave files with a cd ripper.

Originally posted by Phil Dx
[B]You might (but it’s unlikely) have a bad batch of CD-Rs. Can you try a different brand just to be sure. Also try bringing the write speed down, to like 16X.

That drive is supposed to have excellent audio ripping/burning ability so it’s unlikely to be the drive unless you got unlucky and it’s an RMA case.

People will need more info on your configuartion to help you more. [/B]

ok, i’ve tried different speed options (i.e. 8x)and it still gives me the same thing. i’ve tried using the lite-on cdrw on other brands of cdr’s and they burn fine but for some reason the fuji doesn’t burn well even if they’re 48x. i’ve already gone through 2 50packs of fuji cdr’s. when i try to burn these fuji cdr with an old plextor PX-W8432T, they burn fine at 8x using roxio.

does any know why does the lite-on cdrw cut 3 secs of the end of the song when i try to convert the music files into wav files using roxio 5 plat?

also, when i use software like audiograbber or any music ripper with the lite-on cdrw, it only rips part of the songs. why is this?

thanks