Problems with my 1653s. please help

vbimport

i seem to have some big problems with my 1653s i should mention first that all my firmware is up to date and my software is up to date to.
i have 2 burnersin my pc 1 x liteon 1653s and 1 x nec 3500 when doing disk to disk copys from my nec to my liteon in nero or alcohol 120% nero says 100% finnished ok but skips and freezes like made when i try to play it and alcohol says some error code ?

but the lead in take ages to write in nero around 1.30 mins to 2 mins is this normal ?

please help

@ Arron milsom
Welcome:). My guess from your limited information is that your two burners are on the same IDE channel, sharing the same bandwidth and are having buffer underrun problems during the burn which creates all those errors. If you are going to burn disc-to-disc, they will need to be on different IDE channels. You may also want to check your DMA . The ‘current transfer mode’ should be ‘Ultra dma mode 2(or ‘4’)’ in winXP

You may also be using poor quality media. You can check your burn results with Kprobe 2.4.2 BLER scans(scanned at 4x scan speed the forum standard for comparison). You can read Interpreting PI/PO error scans to find out what these graphs mean. PI/PO is now referred to as PI/PIF Attaching disc quality scans to your post of the offending discs will help us help you. You can also post a scan of a disc after you have made any changes for the better. Let us know if this helps.

hi mate thanks for the reply

i will be sure to check if there on the same ide channel and will let you know

cheers again

arron

they are on the same ide chanel mate but i my old pc i used to have them set the same there were no problems?

the dma is aet to use if avalible primary device 0 is set to ultra dma mode 6 device 1 is use if avalible but i have nothing on the device 1 the deviec 2 and three on seccondary is set to use dma if avalible dma mode 2 ? ? why only 2 when the primary is on 6?

With a sohw1653s (and a 80 wire cable) you should have udma4 (ata66). See this thread:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=120977

Your hdd will be on primary 1 and will be ata 133, udma6.

:smiley: Leo

how do i fix all this then?
please reply im wasting most of my dvdrs

i have a 1 week old pc from pc world im guessing they would have put a 80 cable in not a 40 ??? its a advent 3400? model t9002

In my computer was an 80 wire cable used for the hdd, but for the dvd and cd drives was a 40 wire cable used. It’s not certain that your computer already has a 80 wire cable, but it’s easily visible, probably printed on the side of the cable too. The connectors are (at least with my cable) blue (mobo side), grey (slave) and black (master). While they are capable of transferring much more data (to ata 133), you better check it. It could solve some problems, however, it’s never certain. Good luck!

:cool: Leo

@ Arron milson
Can you post some kprobe scans of your bad and good quality burns? See my previous post for instructions. I think the media may be more of an issue than your DMA.