Problems with my 1008IM, disc tray opens right before burning starts

vbimport

I recently got an Emprex DVDRW 1008IM, I’ve come to find this is the same as the BTC IDE 1008. (It supposedly will burn DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W, and CD-R/W.) I’ve been trying for the last 3 days to burn a DVD backup of a DVD-5 disc, but I am not having any luck at all.

What’s going on right now, is that when I try to burn my DVD ISO image to a DVD+RW with the trial version of Nero 6, right before the burn process starts, the disc tray opens (or as I call it, it “spits” the DVD+RW out), and then Nero says the burn process failed. I was actually able to burn a DVD ISO image with DVD Decypter last night, but when it tryed to verify the data, it gave me an error. I tryed the DVD+RW in all three of my stand alone DVD players, and they all said “No Disc”. I even put it in my PC DVD-ROM drive, and in the DVD burner, but neither of them could recognise the disc.

I’ll also mention that this writer will burn VCD’s onto CD-RW’s great. I tried earlier to burn just some data onto a DVD+RW with my trial of Nero 6, but it did the same thing, it spat the DVD+RW out right before the burn process started, and then Nero said the burn process failed.

I updated the firmware about an hour ago, and tryed again to burn with Nero to my DVD+RW, but the same thing happened.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why I’m having these problems? I’m using FujiFilm DVD+RW’s.

Can you use Nero CD-DVD Speed to test the quality of the burn? See the media forum for that…

I was finally able to burn a (somewhat) successful dvd today. I just thought I’d post what I did to fix my problem, incase anybody down the road happens to have my same problem. (So many times I’ll find a forum post from someone that had a problem but they never reply to say if they got it fixed, or how they did.)

All I did was get the full version of Nero 6. I think the trial version from nero.com is buggy or something. Since I got the full version of Nero 6, my dvd writer has quit opening the disc tray right before the burn process starts.

Anyway, that’s what I did. Not much, but it helped me. I still have a few kinks to work out, but I think I’ll be able to manage. (hopefully)

:cool:

Nero cd-dvd speed doesn’t work on my computer with this drive. I downloaded the latest version, but it doesn’t recognize it.

Something strange with that dirve me thinks… I have the BTC 1008IM and it works perfectly with DVD/CD Speed even for disk quality scans…

Hope it sorts out…

WDA

Good to know. I’ll download a fresh copy and try again.