Problems with missing advrcntr2.dll file in NERO...Urgent help needed

vbimport

Hi there, A Newbie here…Kelly’s the name. Just posted this on the Newbie thread when i realised i should of posted it here.

I have been using Nero for several years without experiencing a single problem, until tonight. I have been trying to burn some coursework ready for presentation in college tomorrow morning, but when I tried to open Nero I got the message ‘Some files are missing, Please reinstall Nero’, which I did so. I can now open Nero but when I try to add the files I wish to burn I get the mesage ’ This progams requires the file advrcntr2.dll,which was not found on the system’… I am running XP Home on a 1 month old Acer system. I am hopeing one of you lovely people here will have a fix for this as I’m totally stuffed otherwise. This is VERY important coursework, for a VERY important presentation first thing tomorrow.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!..without sounding too desperate…lol

P.S I managed to run Nero Infotool, and have included a log if that’s of any help…it ofcourse all means nothing to me.

Won’t let me add the attachment again so here the link to the first thread with the Nero Infotool log.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=212680

Therer have been several of these occurrences recently. I don’t know what you folks are doing, but something is removing the file.

Do a search on your system for the file. I show it in 3 locations, 2 of which are in a nro.tmp folder, and the other in an Ahead\Lib folder.

Some folks have been able to replace the file and some have had to reinstall to regain useability. I know you said you already reinstalled, but did you use the Clean Tool first?

If you find the file, place it in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib folder and perhaps reboot if it doesn’t work otherwise. If you can’t find the file on your system, you could check the net, but it may not be the version you need.

If that doesn’t work, do another reinstall, but use the Clean tool to remove the old install, and reboot and reinstall. If this doesn’t help, check the thread below to see if you can get any help there.

I had a similar problem with the advrcntr2.dll file and I found the answer on this site:

Hi,
I had the typical problem when i uninstalled Nero from my computer. You will have to rename the folder DSFilter in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter to any other name you want if you have decided not to use Nero otherwise uninstall Nero, use nero clean tools and reinstall nero and hope for the best. If you rename the folder above and install nero again than please let me know the result.