Problems with LiteOn LTR-40125S 40x12x48x

Hi, I just bought a new liteon drive with Nero and decided to test out some of the features that I had read about.

I firstly decided that I would burn a mixed cd. I used a 16 x imation cd-r and selected to burn under 40 x . Now I thought that it would adjust itself straight away to 16 x (using smartburn) but when I tested the cd , I found that my shitty aiwa stereo paused for a while , came up with the amount of tracks , then, just sat at track 1. It played all the other tracks fine, but took some time to get to the nxt track. Is this because the time between playing tracks using Nero is like 2 seconds ?

I then found that “correct cd format before burning” was not ticked . Would that be a reason ?

I then burnt the same songs with this option on using the liteon cd-r that came with the burner. I selected 40 x. It burnt fine , and played all the tracks though the aiwa fine , but still took a while to play , and the time between the songs was quite long. Well, alot more than I was used to from commercially made cds.

Would anybody be able to help me with settings, and some tips on how to burn music fast without problems like this ?

Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Forget SmartBurn. If you have 16x media you must burn it at 16x.
Your audio player may not like some media that have been burned at high speed, so try high quality media or just slow the burn speed.

Does this mean that the burn speed could have been to high for the media ?

I was using mp3s of various quality . What is a general, safe speed 4 peer - peer MP3s ?

Also, can you explain why I have a lengthily delay between tracks ? I mean, it’s not minutes, but it is noticeable.

Would anybody be able to give me some tips for burning with nero ? I know very little about the subject and i just want to get the most out of my burner :slight_smile:

I can give you a bit of tips :

1.Check your media’s maximum speed at Recorder > Medium-Info.
2.Enable SMART-BURN ar at Recorder>Choose Recorder>Options
3.Try to follow the media manufacturer’s rated speed especially when burning Audio CDs.
4.Burn Audio CDs at 20X or lower so that the media produce lower or 0% error.
5.Convert the MP3s to WAVE and normalize them to burn faster.

Originally posted by liteonmania

Would you be able to tell me what the best free programme would be to do this as it seams that nero will only let me do this 30 times and then i will need a plug in, which i will have to pay for :frowning:

Also , would you know it takes longer for my burnt cd to start playing than say, a commercial cd ?

The time between tracks also seams longer, does anyone else get this ?

One of the best ones is CDex.
The url is :

http://www.cdex.n3.net

[B]I can give you a bit of tips :

4.Burn Audio CDs at 20X or lower so that the media produce lower or 0% error.
[/B]

Thanks for your tips. How can I check the % error produced when I burn?

How can I check the % error produced when I burn?

CDSpeed

Would anybody be able to explain the time delay between each track ? Remember that i am using nero defualt :slight_smile:

If you are burning in DAO mode, you set the gap at whatever you like. Nero will set 2 sec as default. Select the tracks you wish to change, right click and select properties.

By this does you mean , convert to wave and then let nero convert to .cda ?

Whats the difference between letting nero go from .mp3 -> .cda than going from .mp3 -> .wav -> .cda ?

nero doesnt confurt to .cda wav is the correct format for a audio cd.

your media is not good for your stereo try different media.(different surface collour like gold or green or what ever maybe black.)

because i never had anyproblems with audio cd’s but then a friend of mine borrowd one cd and he had some of your problems it was an verry old stereo set i burnt it over for him on a imation cd @ 8x speed and it played perfect.

and your problem doesnt lei in the converting stuff. or you must have a 486 machine and decode it on the fly.

you can try a firmware update for more media.

Originally posted by sphere man
nero doesnt confurt to .cda wav is the correct format for a audio cd.

By this do you mean that i need to burn .wav files ?
Won’t nero just convert back to .cda ?

Would some be able to tell me how to burn a cd using Nero 5.5.8.0 . Given that i have converted my MP3s to wav and have got though the wizard to the audio stage :slight_smile:

Thanks

Well , i have just wasted 2 cds :frowning:

This is how is did it :

Used CDEX to convert my MP3s to .wav
Started up Nero 5, which automatically went to the wizzard
Went CD --> Compile a new CD --> Audio CD --> Finish

I then found the .wav files that i had saved into a new folder in my documents . Dragged each .wav file into the audio1 window.

Made sure that “Check for correct CD format before burning” was ticked.

then : Edit --> properties “Pause” --> changed to 1 second

then : File --> write CD

Selected 12x

I then tryed to play it , and it just came up under track one (didn’t show how many tracks and mins, like it usually does) made a funny noise and then went back like it had no disk in it .

I thought that .wav was the format that you use to burn ?

I am using a LiteON 40125-S
Imation 700/80MIN 1x-16x

I noticed that my buffer seam to be close to 100 % all the time

Is this ok , even writting at 12 X ?

Please , someone HELP me

I just found this on the nero FAQ

The first audio-track is not played back.
This problem occurs if Windows 95 is being used and the program CDFS has been installed so that on Audio CDs the tracks can be displayed as WAV files.

Please install the following drivers from Windows 98: CDTSD.VXD, CDVSD.VXD. These drivers have to be copied into the Windows\System\IOSUBSYS directory.

In the case of a written audio CD, the first track is not played at all (e.g. a hum) but the other tracks are played fine.
this phenomenon occurs if you try to play a Mixed Mode CD. The first track consists of data (even if WAV files have been dragged over it) and the others of audio information.

Well , i have this problem , the thing is , my cd player dosn’t play any of the other tracks either !

They don’t really discribe a solution though .

Is there a Brand of CD writting software that will convert to the best format for cd writting from MP3 that is nice and easy and not a huge download ?

If you changed the pause to 1 second on the first track, that might cause a problem. There is supposed to be a 2 sec gap on track 1 for it to work properly as a standard audio CD.

Also, Winamp works great at converting MP3 to .WAV, you might consider using it to decode, if you already use it to listen.

Originally posted by baracus
If you changed the pause to 1 second on the first track, that might cause a problem. There is supposed to be a 2 sec gap on track 1 for it to work properly as a standard audio CD.

Also, Winamp works great at converting MP3 to .WAV, you might consider using it to decode, if you already use it to listen.

How would i do that ?

?