Problems with liteon 812S

hi
I’m really having problems with my liteon 812S…
I already tried the last firmware for him… and after tried to softmod to 832S with the last formware too with the same terrible results

this scans are from the same disk… but I have many like it… and this is not by far the worst recorded one…I usually uses ritek G04 disks bougth in newegg, then I tried with ricohjpnr01 (TDK). some verbatim CMCs dvd-r 4x… and some other cheap media… always with the same or worst results…

the extrange thing its that when I flash a new firmware… the first like 3 or 4 results are vrey good or good… and then… I just get coasters…

I’m very sure that I odnt have the nvidia ide drivers…and I get same result using nero 6.3 and recordnowmax build 507 (i guess)…

so I’m really starting to hate this drive…

I also haev a plex 708A from a friend… wich dont give absolutely good results… but at least are acceptable results

I really need help…thanks

OK, First of all you should download the Nvidia IDE drivers. The fact is that some versions of the ide driver cause problems and others do not but my results with my Nforce 2 chipset board on the MS IDE driver were awful. With US0N and the latest nforce drivers (www.nvidia.com) I get excellent burns on the recohjpn media. I have an identical batch of Riteks to the scan you posted above. I am DONE with Ritek.

You actually think the IDE drivers are good? Maybe it depends on the motherboard. The WinXP boot up screen was loading like a movie playing at 1 frame a second after after i installed them on a fresh Windows XP installation.
Worth a try though at least.
I have a Gigabyte 8X based on the 812S and i’ve found most burns are ok, some re-writable medias are better than others. I’ve resisted the temptation to flash it with the Liteon firmwares for now (in case Gigabyte actually ever DO decide to create a new firmware for the drive… only been waiting 3 months)