Problems with Liteon 401245w

Hi,

Ive just reinstalled Windows XP on my system and now the cd-rewriter doesnt work

I installed nero 5.5 and updated it with the latest version, then I go to burn some files from my HD, it starts to burn but then gets stuck at 6% and says there was an error or something similar

Any ideas how to sort it all out?

Maybe I need new ASPI drivers, instead of standard XP ones?

Ive installed latest VIA drivers.

Maybe CD-rw is faulty?

I will swap it with my other Lite on 40125w and test, any ideas in the meantime?

Cheers
Matt

:slight_smile: bro try installin ASPI drivers v4.60 will do and reboot, once rebooted check your ASPI drivers installion wit aspichk.:bigsmile:
Also disable XP inhouse burin engine…(Roxio)

Originally posted by RASTABT
:slight_smile: bro try installin ASPI drivers v4.60 will do and reboot, once rebooted check your ASPI drivers installion wit aspichk.:bigsmile:
Also disable XP inhouse burin engine…(Roxio)

Hi,

Where do I get the XP version of v4.6? I went on their site and I thought it said (do not install for XP) or something, also how do I disable roxio?

Cheers
Matt

ForceASPI 1.7 @ http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/SupportUtils/forceaspi17.rar

It allows you to install the 4.60 ASPI drivers on WinXP

Originally posted by mattyp

Hi,
Where do I get the XP version of v4.6?
Cheers
Matt

ASPI 4.60 & Radified Guide

…It also works fine with Windows XP, as reported by many happy WinXP users…

It certainly does ! :wink:

I’d like to know how to disable roxio as well, I remember doing it once before, and since I’ve formatted I can’t remember how to do it. :confused: Thanks.

If your talkin bout the built in burnin feature of winxp
right click properties of cd burner
Recording Tab. untick it

Originally posted by Eluder

I’d like to know how to disable roxio as well, I remember doing it once before, and since I’ve formatted I can’t remember how to do it. :confused: Thanks.

I guess you mean Disabling IMAPI :

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> right click+Open or double click Services ->
right click IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service -> and in Properties’ General tab disable Startup type

Thanks BoSkin, now the question is does disabling IMAPI cause any other CD-R apps to behave oddly or no? What exactly does this do, just disable the built in recording features of XP? Thanks again.

Before I reinstall Nero are these driver settings right?

Cheers
Matt

They’re clones to mine :smiley:

Originally posted by Eluder

Thanks BoSkin, now the question is does disabling IMAPI cause any other CD-R apps to behave oddly or no? What exactly does this do, just disable the built in recording features of XP? Thanks again.

You’re welcome .

Let me start from the latter. Yes, it does. Moreover, disabling IMAPI allows you to avoid possible software conflicts between the built-in software in the OS and the other progs like for ex. Nero.
Remember some ppl saying that in the worst cases their drivers couldn’t be detected by the system at all or simply didn’t act as CD writers but only as readers. By disabling IMAPI and installing a 3rd party CD burning software you’re supposed to get rid of such a problem.

And secondly ( or firstly, in fact ) if disabling IMAPI causes…
No, on the contrary this allows you to exclude any causes of odd behaviour . If I can put it like this.

:smiley:

I just swapped the drives over from my other pc and it looks like my burner was faulty :frowning:

Ah well, back 2 the shop

Matt