Problems with latest anyDVD

I have been using CloneDVD and anyDVD (latest) for some time now and never had any problems. still using same media (TDK and Dysan +R) but since the last few upgrades of anyDVD, my DVD players will not see the DVDs. I went back to anyDVD version 5.9.5.2 and all is well. Tried to copy When a Stranger Calls, and had to upgrade to version 5.9.6.1, now again my DVD players do not see the disc. :doh:

latest=?

hi Tru, he say’s he’s got 5.9.6.1 :flower:

cloneDVD version 2.8.9.7 went back to 2.8.5.1 no difference

anyDVD version 5.9.6.0 with problems, went back to version 5.9.5.2 was ok, then tried 5.9.6.1 and having same problem again

Been using anydvd 5.9.6.1 with shrink 3.2 and dvd decryptor 3.5.4.0 and zero problems till When A Stranger Calls dont have clone dvd , does anyone have sugestions?

@ newmannator & trakerr33

It would extremely helpful to provide any Error Codes(s) and complete exact Error Narrative(s) you are receiving with the DVD backup copying software program(s) you are using.

Also to prevent any confusion state Name(s) and Version Number of the DVD backup copying software program(s) you are using.

It appears that you believe that there is some type of flaw or error with the AnyDVD- CloneDVD software program that necessitates you to revert to old outdated copies. This is usually and indication that have some 3rd part software program operating in the background that is causing conflict errors.

Have you ensured that you have curtailed all Multi-Tasking background operations while AnyDVD-CloneDVD is activated? Also have you ensured that you don’t have any invasive Anti-Virus and/or Packet Writing programs running while the AnyDVD software program is activated?

The following are examples of packet writing software programs –> Sonic DLA, Nero InCD, NTI FileCD, Roxio DirectCD/Drag-To-Disc, CE Quadrant Just!Burn, Sony abCD, InstantWrite, Backup4all, B’s Clip, NeoClip, InstantBurn. This is not an extensive complete list, there are numerous others. If you have any Packet Writing Software Programs installed strongly suggest to completely remove them from your computer.

To ensure that all background operations are in fact curtailed check that all unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Quite possibility you have some unnecessary item automatically loaded during Windows Startup that you are unaware of that could be interfering with the popper operation of AnyDVD-CloneDVD that causing your problem.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Best Regards,
bjkg

Hate to ask
but do you have Legit reg keys?

this dvd is easily backed up with latest SS progs
perchance you are getting this message :bigsmile:

DVDManager 5 22 CommonH 0 Cell 12 24
This is the message I recd with the DVD When a Stranger Calls
Everything else I worked on today was fine

When a Stranger calls came out out great for me with Anydvd/clone dvd.

I had the same problem and uninstalled, reinstalled twice and it kept reverting back to 5.9.5.3 and not seeing the drives. 3rd time I installed, I launched it from the actual program folder and all was well again. For whatever reason my quick launch icon was the culprit. Which is odd as this is a new rig and my only installed version was 5.9.5.6. Removed the shortcut and sent the new .exe to quick launch and it worked fine.

That version’s a lil dated isnt it. :wink:

BK24
I copied and cut that picture from the sticky
as I have NEVER had this error message show up on my system :flower:

but you know where I was going with it :bigsmile:

I had that happen to me then I bought the key problem solved. As for the movie 5.9.6.1 and dvd shrink will do this movie.

yes programs have legit reg keys

not getting any error messages when copying the DVD, and will play back in the DVD burner, the problem is when I go to play in my DVD player

I will try removing some of the background apps , and try again

Yup, I saw the lighted road sign. :smiley:

It happened to me with a legit purchased key.

I use 1clickDVD copy & anyDVD and after I updated to 5.9.6.1 my DVD burner would
not read the burned DVD but would read original.The burned DVD will play in both
home entertainment DVD players.I went back to 5.9.6.0 burned the DVD again and
my burner would then recognize it, along with my other 2 players.
I think something is up with 5.9.6.1

I had the same problem, movie played in all my standalones but would not play on Nero Showtime, I thought is was Neros Showtime program because this version 7.2.0.3b is full of bugs anyway. Maybe I was wrong.

I did the following for my plextor drives when I had problems 2 weeks ago with 5.9.6.0 anydvd stopped recoginizing dvds…

Updated firmware on both drives and now they work fine like before…

give that a whirl…

@ newmannator,

The symptom you are reporting is classic of the use of cheap blank DVD Media and/or old outdated DVD Burner Firmware.

Suggest viewing the below PC World article concerning the importance of up to date current DVD Burner Firmware.

Provide the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code)(Example: TYG02) of the blank DVD Media you are using and the Manufacture Name/Model Number/Firmware Version of your DVD Burner. To obtain this information use a utility software program similar to DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com) or DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com).

Best Regards,
bjkg