File “iPodderGui.pyc”, line 3621, in main
File “iPodderGui.pyc”, line 707, in init
File “wx_core.pyc”, line 5301, in init
File “wx_core.pyc”, line 4980, in _BootstrapApp
File “iPodderGui.pyc”, line 1534, in OnInit
File “iPodderGui.pyc”, line 3275, in PopulateDownloadsTab
File “iPodderGui.pyc”, line 3163, in DownloadTabLog
File “wx_controls.pyc”, line 4581, in InsertStringItem
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe2 in position 34: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “gui.py”, line 4, in ?
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe2 in position 34: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “gui.py”, line 4, in ?

I uninstalled juice and reinstalled it and still cannot download my podcasts, the same error message comes up.

Now I have another computer, and the same identical problem happened. has this happened to anyone, and did and how did you get it fixed? I did go to the soundforge juice site and found others with the same problem and no solution. I prefer not to use I-Tunes for my podcasts…rather stick with Juice…if it can be fixed…

Thanks in advance…

Just a update…others are getting the error too. I checked the Juice support forums… some suggested using other podcast receivers in the meantime.

APODDER
PODPUPPY

UnicodeDecodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe2 in position 34: ordinal not in range(128) Something changed in your regional/keyboard settings. Usually the unicode supports all the ascii tables.

Thanks for the info… I cannot understand why it happened on both my computers with in a day or two of each other.

I posted it here to see if others are having problems too as Juice is a fairly popular program for Podcast downloading.

Again thanks for the explanation, maybe the problem can be fixed…

Did you ever find out what was causing the problem, and is there a solution? It’s just happened to me on my desktop. Haven’t checked the laptop yet (it’s downstairs…).
Cheers Harry

I guess the obvious answer is that iPodder/Juice was developed for Windows versions up to XP.

I eventually found out that I could use the program on my laptop with Vista installed by locating the installation directory for the software, right clicking on the .exe file, selecting “Properties” on the menu, and picking “Run this program in the compatibility mode for : Windows XP (SP2)” under the “Compatibility” tab.

However, I am not sure if all versions of Windows 7 have this option. I think only Professional and Ultimate have an XP mode.