Problems with Jackie Brown and both DVD2one 1.13 and DVD2one 1.20

Hi all,

although I searched this forum thoroughly, I couldn’t find anyone that might have had the same problems that I have at the moment.
The movie “Jackie Brown” is making a lot of trouble.

I used DVD Decrypter V3.1.6.0 with a Pioneer DVD-106 to decrypt the movie. Then I first used DVD2one V1.20 to make the whole DVD (movie, bonuses, extras, menus etc.) fit on one DVD-R.
DVD2one V1.20 crashed using both ratio options, constant and variable exactly at the same point: 86% of the DVD, 3,80 GB had already been processed.
Then I tried to use V1.13 and the funny thing is that I found exactly the same behaviour, crash at 86%, 3,76 GB of the DVD.

What the f.ck am I doing wrong?
Did anyone of you make similar experiences?

Thanks for your answers!!!

Cheers,

Rory

BTW: To the programmers of DVD2one: Guys, you did an excellent job! Your tool is absolutely fantastic!!! It is the best tool to make DVD-9 fit to DVD-R that I’ve ever used, and I, unfortunately, had to learn this the hard way… :frowning:
Forget all the other weak tools. Non of them could pass my “video projector to 3m x 1,8m screen test”, but DVD2one absolutely did! Yours respectfully, Rory!
:slight_smile:

Try re-ripping the movie. I’ve had that happen several times with other transcoding software.

Instead of trying other transcoders why not lower the version of DVDdecryptor to Decrypter V3.1.4.0.

Sometimes, just sometimes, things go wrong with this newer version of DVDdecryptor.

I always use SmartRipper (SR241), I find it a lot more reliable than DVD Decrypter. So far I have a 100% success rate (over 50 movies) using SmartRipper, DVD2ONE (1.13 and above) and Copy2DVD with Datawrite Media.

Hi everybody!

Thanks a lot for your prompt help!
Yes, you all were right, it was the decrypter that caused this problem. I first re-decrypted the movie and the problem was gone. I think, I should consider using another DVD decrypting tool or an older version of DVD Decrypter.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Rory!
:bigsmile:

Originally posted by billythehamster
I always use SmartRipper (SR241), I find it a lot more reliable than DVD Decrypter. So far I have a 100% success rate (over 50 movies) using SmartRipper, DVD2ONE (1.13 and above) and Copy2DVD with Datawrite Media.

Me to - allways use smartripper, full backup, never ever had a single problem with any dvd.

DVDdecrypter is nice - has alot of good options, I use it when I want to strip something for other purpose than dvd2one, but for dvd2one allways use smartripper, full backup.