Problems with Flashing My Hard Drive

vbimport

Hi, I’m having some problems flashing my dvd-rom. I’ve been to the “how to” page at rpc1.org for flashing and have almost everything I need except one vital part - what do I type in at the command line?? I have no clue where the original firmware readme is for this hard drive, but the new firmware (going with the nonregion patch) readme has MUCH simpler instructions for flashing and absolutely no command line. Which am I supposed to use? The tutorial leaves a few questions in the air, so if someone can fill in the blanks here I’d much appreciate it. The page where I found my information is http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/Firmware_FAQ.html and I’m using the TOSHIBA R6112 X031 PATCH. thanks

[QUOTE=new bee;1998907]Hi, I’m having some problems flashing my dvd-rom. I’ve been to the “how to” page at rpc1.org for flashing and have almost everything I need except one vital part - what do I type in at the command line?? I have no clue where the original firmware readme is for this hard drive, but the new firmware (going with the nonregion patch) readme has MUCH simpler instructions for flashing and absolutely no command line. Which am I supposed to use? The tutorial leaves a few questions in the air, so if someone can fill in the blanks here I’d much appreciate it. The page where I found my information is http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/Firmware_FAQ.html and I’m using the TOSHIBA R6112 X031 PATCH. thanks[/QUOTE]

Your drive is a burner and no harddrive nor a Pioneer burner…
I believe the patch you mentioned already comes with instruction.

I don’t understand what you are asking Are you trying to flash a burner or hard drive & a hard drive should NEVER have to be firmware upgraded. I think you are confused.

Please post exactly what kind of dvd/rom(drive)you have.

Hi, sorry I was in a rush when I posted. Yes, it is a DVD-ROM. I’ve changed the title. TOSHIBA SD-R6112 is the model number. I’ve read all the instructions that came with the patch that I downloaded, but they differ quite a bit from those at the rpc1.org site. That tutorial appears to be for all kinds of burners, not just Pioneer. It mentions that there will be a command line that you have to enter before the upgrade can be completed and that it will be supplied with the firmware. But, it’s not. I’ve found no command line anywhere and it’s driving me nuts!

The patch instructions for the X031 firmware version for this burner appear to be just general instructions for all kinds of firmware. It basically says - insert cd, type a .bat extension and reboot. If it’s that simple, great, but I don’t want to bet my dvd-rom on it until I have a second or third opinion.

I hope that’s enough information. If not, please let me know exactly what you need and I’ll get it for you. Thanks

@ new bee,

Please explain how flashing a Pioneer device has anything to do with flashing your TOSHIBA SD-R6112 with patched X031 Firmware.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1603

Have you ACTUALY read the Readme.Txt file contained in the above referenced R6112_X031.zip patched X031 firmware file?

The instructions in the Readme.Txt file contained in the above referenced Zip file provides detailed information on how to flash your TOSHIBA SD-R6112 with patched X031 Firmware. Perhaps if you find these simple instructions too difficult you should consider not attempting flashing your TOSHIBA SD-R6112 with patched X031 Firmware before you damage your TOSHIBA SD-R6112 Drive.

Regards,
bjkg

bjkg, please do not talk down to me. I’ve spent a lot more time on this mess than you have. I’ve read all the materials before I posted. Please read my last reply IN FULL for the answers to your question. Thank you

@ new bee,

If you feel that my #5 posting is “Talking Down” that is your personal interpretation.

I believe I have been working on Computers for many more years than you have.

Once again have you read the Readme.Txt file contained in the referenced R6112_X031.zip patched X031 firmware file? There are no commands line notations required other than to simply type the command “Update.Bat”.

Regards,
bjkg

@ new bee,

I believe [B]bjkg[/B] told you exactly how to use the package.
As I posted before, the readme inside the package holds all necessary flashing info.

bjkg - sorry if I misinterpreted your meaning. Thank you for clarifying.

What I meant about my last post was that I’ve been tearing my hair out over this problem right and left and for someone to seemingly dismiss it with a “read the instructions” comment when I’ve read them all backwards and forwards and still not coming to a conclusion - in fact, finding that all the information seemed to contradict other information – well, I may have overreacted. Again, my apologies. :slight_smile:

Thanks again